advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
NY 3rd district special election
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: February 13, 2024 08:09PM
10% in and Suozzi is leading almost 2:1

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: NY 3rd district special election
Posted by: $tevie
Date: February 13, 2024 08:20PM
Fingers crossed.

Posted by: Grateful11
Date: February 13, 2024 09:10PM
thumbs up

Grateful11
Date: February 13, 2024 09:13PM
With more than 60% of the votes counted, media outlets are calling the race for Democrat Thomas Souzzi. He has maintained a double-digit lead throughout the count to this point.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Posted by: steve...
Date: February 13, 2024 09:13PM
The Republican has CONCEDED!

Northern California Coast
Date: February 13, 2024 09:22PM
smiley-music039

Date: February 13, 2024 09:55PM
Excellent campaign victory speech by Suozzi. I'm feeling good things happening in his/our future.

Posted by: Steve G.
Date: February 13, 2024 09:56PM
The Nassau County Republican Party gets the defeat it so richly deserves. They spent millions smearing Suozzi.

11,000 more Democrats voted than Republicans.

One more vote for the Dems in the House. Bring it on.
Date: February 13, 2024 10:24PM
Are the wingnuts going to question election integrity again?

Or maybe the country has gotten wise to their lies.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: February 13, 2024 10:56PM
steve...
Are the wingnuts going to question election integrity again?

Or maybe the country has gotten wise to their lies.

No, they are going to question the wisdom of expelling Santos. They wish they had kept this crook in office for the rest of the year because they know no one was even going to notice another crooked Republican in Congress.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: pdq
Date: February 14, 2024 07:25AM
I read Politico’s coverage. It was filled with reasons why this doesn’t mean anything.

It means something.

Dems keep over-performing the “common political wisdom” in actual elections. Trump and his ilk have poisoned the GOP, and at some point rank and file Republicans are going to ask themselves why they keep supporting this loser.
Posted by: gabester
Date: February 14, 2024 07:45AM
pdq
<P01135809> and his ilk have poisoned the GOP, and at some point rank and file Republicans are going to ask themselves why they keep supporting this loser.

At least, the rank and file voters who have not succumbed to the cult.

While it'd be great to deprogram ALL of the criminal cabalist's cult, we just need to get to a small fraction to ensure that P01135809 cannot ascend to his throne.

g=
Date: February 14, 2024 08:33AM
gabester
pdq
<P01135809> and his ilk have poisoned the GOP, and at some point rank and file Republicans are going to ask themselves why they keep supporting this loser.

At least, the rank and file voters who have not succumbed to the cult.

While it'd be great to deprogram ALL of the criminal cabalist's cult, we just need to get to a small fraction to ensure that P01135809 cannot ascend to his throne.

As long as that fraction are in swing states, a national majority doesn't matter.

Date: February 14, 2024 09:21AM
George Santos berates the GOP for actually allowing the expulsion of a film-flam man:

According to a source familiar with the matter, Santos told the New York GOP in a text message: “I hope you guys are happy with this dismal performance and the 10 million dollars your futile Bull @#$%& cost the party.” “I look very much forward to seeing most of you lose due to your absolute hate filled campaign to remove me from Congress arbitrarily,” he added. “Now go tell the Republicans Base [sic] what you @#$%& idiots did and good luck raising money next quarter.”

Poor innocent George, being picked on arbitrarily that way. Guess it’s back to making big bux connecting rich guys to yacht sellers for him.

“To my former colleagues in the house GOP please make these idiots pay you guys $10million back,” Santos wrote on X, tagging several former New York colleagues who pushed for his downfall. “These RINO’s are the most effective democrats operatives in the nation!”

It’s true - expelling an obvious criminal huckster from your Congressional delegation is definitely RINO.
Posted by: Robert M
Date: February 14, 2024 09:24AM
Gabester,

I live in NY's 3rd district. Trust me. The rank and file Republicans have succumbed to the cult and then some. I'm disgusted by politics in general but watching local races and this most recent race didn't improve my assessment of it. Not one bit.

Robert
Date: February 14, 2024 09:54AM
Anderson Cooper holds a post-mortem:

During a roundtable on CNN, Republican analyst Scott Jennings pointed to how GOP skepticism about early voting may have been a disadvantage in the race in New York’s 3rd Congressional District.

“Voting early, voting by mail, ballot harvesting, getting your votes in, it looks to me like the Democrats here crushed in the early voting in Nassau, where the Republicans had to do well, and you’re always just one snowstorm away from some kind of a turnout problem,” Jennings said, correctly predicting a win for former Rep. Tom Suozzi (D).

Hmm. Why do Republicans keep finding themselves in this position?

CNN anchor Anderson Cooper then quipped “Who could have possibly given the Republicans the idea that it’s not a good idea to —”

[CNN analyst Van] Jones interjected with the hypothetical question, “Who could have given you such a stupid strategy? I’m just trying to think to myself, is there someone who’s just a perpetual loser who loses over and over again, who also has a losing strategy when it comes to not voting early?”

Aah'm sure I don't know who you're talking about!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2024 09:54AM by pdq.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: February 14, 2024 09:56AM

CNN anchor Anderson Cooper then quipped “Who could have possibly given the Republicans the idea that it’s not a good idea to —”

[CNN analyst Van] Jones interjected with the hypothetical question, “Who could have given you such a stupid strategy? I’m just trying to think to myself, is there someone who’s just a perpetual loser who loses over and over again, who also has a losing strategy when it comes to not voting early?”

Aah'm sure I don't know who you're talking about![/quote]

:-)

Posted by: Steve G.
Date: February 14, 2024 10:56AM
'So who still thinks Republicans helping Democrats kick out Santos was a good idea?' Rep. Mike Collins, R-Ga., posted on X following the loss.

House Republican Whip Rep. Steve Scalise, R-La., said Wednesday morning 'it was a tough loss last night,' and added he did not support expelling Santos last year.

'Whatever you want to say about George Santos, I don't think he should have been expelled and he was a great Republican vote,' firebrand Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., said.
Posted by: vision63
Date: February 14, 2024 11:01AM
Steve G.
'So who still thinks Republicans helping Democrats kick out Santos was a good idea?' Rep. Mike Collins, R-Ga., posted on X following the loss.

House Republican Whip Rep. Steve Scalise, R-La., said Wednesday morning 'it was a tough loss last night,' and added he did not support expelling Santos last year.

'Whatever you want to say about George Santos, I don't think he should have been expelled and he was a great Republican vote,' firebrand Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., said.

Why they must be crushed.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: February 14, 2024 11:06AM
Steve G.

Such a noble band of brothers and sisters.

e pluribus unum
Posted by: Robert M
Date: February 14, 2024 11:48AM
Steve G,

"he was a great Republican vote" is a great example of why I'm disgusted with politicians and politics in our country. He was a great Republican vote. Not, He was a great Republican who represented what was best for the people of our country as a whole. He was a vote. To me, that says he was a tool pushing the Republican agenda and it doesn't matter if it actually represented his constituents and/or what was best for the country as a whole.

Robert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2024 11:49AM by Robert M.
Date: February 14, 2024 12:20PM
My thoughts, too – I would hope that that kind of thing would never be an epitaph on my gravestone: “he was a great Republican (or Democratic) vote”

Well sure- Vito was a thug, a criminal, and an @#$%&, but he never snitched on his buddies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2024 12:23PM by pdq.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: February 14, 2024 01:50PM
Robert M
Steve G,

"he was a great Republican vote" is a great example of why I'm disgusted with politicians and politics in our country. He was a great Republican vote. Not, He was a great Republican who represented what was best for the people of our country as a whole. He was a vote. To me, that says he was a tool pushing the Republican agenda and it doesn't matter if it actually represented his constituents and/or what was best for the country as a whole.

Robert

yeah, that is hilarious and ridiculous at the same time.

I would sub "vote" for another word, but I'm being nice today.

Hurts like a bastid...
Date: February 14, 2024 10:09PM
Posted by: vision63
Date: February 14, 2024 10:19PM
$tevie

smiley-laughing001 smiley-laughing001
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 106
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020