Date: February 14, 2024 03:00AM
Here are the other 2 clips.

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Stewart on Daily Show
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: February 14, 2024 09:59AM
You can listen to the entire show on the Comedy Central podcast...
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: February 14, 2024 12:20PM
Paramount Plus has the shows, for those with subscriptions.
Posted by: Acer
Date: February 14, 2024 03:06PM
I understand the frustration that we only have two old men to choose from. But the impact of the victory of one will not be the same as the other. Too much Both Sides Are Bad comedy can discourage the middle from voting at all, and that's who will decide this election. The middle is fickle, and it sucks that they are, but that's the game and we must play it.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: February 14, 2024 04:45PM
Acer
I understand the frustration that we only have two old men to choose from. But the impact of the victory of one will not be the same as the other. Too much Both Sides Are Bad comedy can discourage the middle from voting at all, and that's who will decide this election. The middle is fickle, and it sucks that they are, but that's the game and we must play it.

All the quotes I have heard are terrible. This crap about Biden's age is not fodder for comedy, especially if he is going to imply that it makes Biden and Trump equals as candidates. Granted, I didn't watch it, but now I don't want to because I know I will get angry.

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: February 14, 2024 06:06PM
Too much Both Sides Are Bad comedy can discourage the middle from voting at all, and that's who will decide this election.

---

This crap about Biden's age is not fodder for comedy, especially if he is going to imply that it makes Biden and Trump equals as candidates.

This, to both.

At this point in time, it's not a joke, levity has no place here, and Kimmel and the like should know better.

And be better.

The Blues and the Reds won't be swayed, it's the Unassigned that need to be educated.

Both sides are bad is not educational nor sustainable.

One thing is not like the other, and that needs to be addressed and made clear, loud and often.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: February 14, 2024 10:50PM
The problem with treating these shows as factual reporting shows is that they are not.

Hurts like a bastid...
Posted by: Black
Date: February 14, 2024 11:06PM
$tevie
Acer

All the quotes I have heard are terrible. This crap about Biden's age is not fodder for comedy, especially if he is going to imply that it makes Biden and Trump equals as candidates. Granted, I didn't watch it, but now I don't want to because I know I will get angry.
Well, he did a bit making Biden look silly and infirm, and then what he showed of Trump was just complete bizarro, effectively making the point that Biden was at least still within the boundaries of sanity.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: February 15, 2024 08:27AM
Black
Well, he did a bit making Biden look silly and infirm, and then what he showed of Trump was just complete bizarro, effectively making the point that Biden was at least still within the boundaries of sanity.

this

Posted by: dk62
Date: February 15, 2024 09:50AM
Ostrich-like behavior is useless. You have to be realistic lest you are dismissed as partisan hack. If you want your arguments to be taken seriously, you have to show that you are aware of all the pros and cons, and then that the pros still outweigh the cons.

But yes, I also think that Biden was not the right candidate. To paraphrase Nicki Haley, Biden was a great president for this term, but not so great a candidate for the upcoming one. And people who have forgotten the reign of Trump may not be as energized as they were 4 years ago (although Trump's verbal diarrhea may ultimately help remind them). And while I think that the Middle East situation was not handled well, it was always a no-win for the sitting president.
Date: February 15, 2024 10:17AM
Black
$tevie
Acer

That's called "damning with faint praise". It's not senile coot vs insane senile coot. It's effective, empathetic American vs narcissistic, cruel despot. And anyone presenting the first version is helping Trump by normalizing him even though they think they aren't.

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: February 15, 2024 11:46AM
Who will be the 'finalists' for the 2024 Presidential election?

Biden and P45*.

Who is the best bet for the country and democracy in the 2024 election?

Biden.

Anyone who sees P45* as the danger he is but doesn't want Biden because of age or memory, has no candidate that will be in nor could win this election.

None.

So vote for a write-in, or don't vote because Biden is not 'your' candidate, because one is voting their conscience?

What does that get such a short-sighted voter.

The narcissistic ability to claim 'I didn't vote for him!', whoever that is.

This isn't about 'the lesser of two evils' — it's about Good vs Evil.

Even if Good isn't the Superhero one would first pick he's the Superhero we have, and Evil is the Supervillain no one should pick.

If one doesn't want Evil to win, not voting for Biden will be a mistake.

In the end, Stewart did normalize the two with his comedy bit 'The rematch that nobody wants'.

Despite his commentary about concerns being a 'lunch pail job', which is laudable, he didn't comment on what to do about the rematch that we've got.

I was particularly disappointed and somewhat alarmed with his 'if your guy doesn't win' comment.

Clearly he wasn't using his comedy or presence as an opportunity to endorse Biden, though I assume he won't vote for P45*.

He also didn't point out any particular danger of electing P45*.

He did some clever, funny stuff, but regarding this election, the one he calls Indecision 2024, he did democracy no favors.

This is not a 'we'll fix it in post' situation.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: February 15, 2024 01:18PM
Summing up the above posts:
Biden knows how government runs and thus brings in people who also know;
Trumpsters haven't a clue.
Date: February 15, 2024 01:48PM
RgrF
Summing up the above posts:
Biden knows how government runs and thus brings in people who also know;
Trumpsters haven't a clue.

You are too kind. Trump will bring in people who have not only a clue how the government runs, but the will to destroy it. Do not underestimate this enemy.

Posted by: kj
Date: February 15, 2024 02:11PM
I think democrats might be a little too dependent on a handful of comedians to “get their message out”. Wtfrick.
Posted by: vision63
Date: February 15, 2024 02:38PM
kj
I think democrats might be a little too dependent on a handful of comedians to “get their message out”. Wtfrick.

I would hope Democrats didn't depend on Stewart for messaging. Plus everybody is messaging. Everybody is honed in on Republican messaging and will make no effort to listen to Democrats.

Even people who are strong Democratic supporters bend over backward to carry GOP messages in general and Trump messages in particular front and center. They'll dig for that. Can't wait to share it and muse over it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2024 02:42PM by vision63.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: February 15, 2024 02:50PM
vision63
kj

I would hope Democrats didn't depend on Stewart for messaging. Plus everybody is messaging. Everybody is honed in on Republican messaging and will make no effort to listen to Democrats.

Even people who are strong Democratic supporters bend over backward to carry GOP messages in general and Trump messages in particular front and center. They'll dig for that. Can't wait to share it and muse over it.

Maybe because today's Democrats are yesterdays Republicans and today's Dems are the sort you can't stand? Bill Clinton aced the pubs of his day by morphing into pub policy - did he not?
Date: February 15, 2024 03:03PM
RgrF
vision63
kj

Maybe because today's Democrats are yesterdays Republicans and today's Dems are the sort you can't stand? Bill Clinton aced the pubs of his day by morphing into pub policy - did he not?

That's just how you see it. That's how he sees it too. He can shlt all over Hillary, who is younger than both of these guys, but he can play the age card with Trump and Biden, while he fought to help elect 120 year old Bernie Sanders.

Look how people fawn all over him like he didn't do that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2024 03:03PM by vision63.
Date: February 15, 2024 04:50PM
He’s a comedian who used to be kind of funny. why does anyone care what he says?
Date: February 15, 2024 05:11PM
kj
He’s a comedian who used to be kind of funny. why does anyone care what he says?

He is a funny comedian.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: February 15, 2024 05:18PM
vision63
kj

He is a funny comedian.

funny or not, the key word is comedian: not a journalist, reporter or fact checker.

Hurts like a bastid...
Date: February 15, 2024 05:27PM
mrbigstuff
vision63
kj

He is a funny comedian.

funny or not, the key word is comedian: not a journalist, reporter or fact checker.

Well, considering that polls used to show him being young America's primary news source, I think he has a certain amount of responsibility to not feed material to the Trump team.

Date: February 17, 2024 05:21PM
I think he has responsibility to be funny, and that's about it. SO weird comedians are such a big thing. How are they an actual news source in the first place? Seth Meyers, Colbert, etc. The fact they distort things in favor of Democrats doesn't make them valuable.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: February 18, 2024 06:30PM
kj
The fact they distort things in favor of Democrats doesn't make them valuable.

They are the counterpoint to the 91% of talk radio that is conservative hate.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: February 19, 2024 10:40AM
Speedy
kj
The fact they distort things in favor of Democrats doesn't make them valuable.

They are the counterpoint to the 91% of talk radio that is conservative hate.

Not to mention that right wing media is in fact more fictional than comedy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 166
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020