advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
CPAC telling us who they are: "I just wanted to say welcome to the end of democracy. We're here to overthrow it completely"
Posted by: hal
Date: February 22, 2024 03:03PM
Jack Posobiec at CPAC says this to loud applause:

"I just wanted to say welcome to the end of democracy. We're here to overthrow it completely, we didn't get all the way there on January 6th, but we will endeavor to get rid of it and replace it with this right here, we'll replace it with this right here."

this being a raised fist (and I don't think they mean Black Power)

video: [twitter.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2024 03:43PM by hal.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: CPAC telling us who they are: "I just wanted to say welcome to the end of democracy. We're here to overthrow it completely"
Posted by: gabester
Date: February 22, 2024 03:08PM
This... sounds a lot like one of these words...

coup
insurrection
sedition
treason

Aren't there some laws on the books about this?

g=
Re: CPAC telling us who they are: "I just wanted to say welcome to the end of democracy. We're here to overthrow it completely"
Posted by: Speedy
Date: February 22, 2024 03:32PM
Fascists.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: February 22, 2024 04:10PM
I was willing to concede that his comments might have been made in jest... until the "all glory to God" bit.

This was no joke.

It is what it is.
Posted by: vision63
Date: February 22, 2024 04:32PM
They're very determined.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: February 22, 2024 04:38PM
We need to believe them.
Posted by: wurm
Date: February 22, 2024 05:15PM
Jeez, it would be a lot easier for them to just move their asses to someplace with the kind of government dictatorship they want that already exists.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: February 22, 2024 05:43PM
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: February 22, 2024 05:49PM
RgrF
Posted by: $tevie
Date: February 22, 2024 06:14PM
I think some people in the audience thought it was a joke at first, also. Then things got really weird.

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: February 22, 2024 06:35PM
is free boat ride to Mother Russia, yes?

Hurts like a bastid...
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: February 22, 2024 06:41PM
I'd like to see the trolls defend this....but they won't!
Posted by: bfd
Date: February 22, 2024 09:22PM
USA-USA-USA!

Jumped the shark…
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: February 22, 2024 10:31PM
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: February 22, 2024 10:52PM
The ad writes itself: "They're trying to take your country away from you."
Posted by: kj
Date: February 22, 2024 11:10PM
Blasphemous, and I wish more Christians would see it for what it is.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: February 23, 2024 09:09AM
Clear messages from the Republicans. Directly from the monkeys mouth. And nobody realizes… Democracy is the “ Silly Woman”.

You knew I was a snake !

[youtu.be]
Posted by: RgrF
Date: February 23, 2024 11:47AM
Democracy isn’t the objective; liberty, peace, and prospefity are. We want the human condition to flourish. Rank democracy can thwart that.

— Mike Lee R-UT/Moscow (@SenMikeLee) October 8, 2020

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2024 11:53AM by RgrF.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: February 23, 2024 11:55AM
RgrF
Democracy isn’t the objective; liberty, peace, and prospefity are. We want the human condition to flourish. Rank democracy can thwart that.

Yeah, sure because look at Putin's Russia - liberty, peace and prosperity are flourishing. Because look around the world and look at how terribly liberty peace and prosperity and doing in democracies and so well in autocracies.

JHC

e pluribus unum

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2024 11:55AM by Ted King.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: February 23, 2024 12:42PM
RgrF

He wants democracy. The kind of democracy where only white men can vote.

Posted by: vision63
Date: February 23, 2024 12:56PM
$tevie
RgrF

dem sheep. ya killin' me.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: February 23, 2024 01:48PM
$tevie
RgrF

goodone

smiley-laughing001

e pluribus unum
Posted by: Speedy
Date: February 23, 2024 03:24PM
vision63
$tevie
RgrF

dem sheep. ya killin' me.

agree smiley

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 177
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020