advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Biden has ice cream with Seth Meyers, says he's hoping for Gaza ceasefire by next Monday
Posted by: $tevie
Date: February 26, 2024 10:06PM

US President Joe Biden on Monday said he hopes to have a “ceasefire” in the war between Israel and Hamas by next week, apparently referring to a prospective truce deal under which hostages held by the Gaza-ruling terror group since October 7 would be released.

“Well I hope by the beginning of the weekend. The end of the weekend. My national security adviser tells me that we’re close. We’re close. We’re not done yet,” Biden told reporters when asked when he thought a ceasefire could begin.

“And my hope is that by next Monday [March 4] we’ll have a ceasefire,” he added.

Biden made the comments at an ice cream shop in New York after taping an appearance on NBC’s “Late Night With Seth Meyers.”
[www.timesofisrael.com]

VIDEO HERE
[youtu.be]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Biden has ice cream with Seth Meyers, says he's hoping for Gaza ceasefire by next Monday
Posted by: Speedy
Date: February 26, 2024 10:12PM
Looks like he is wiping the dribble from his chin.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Re: Biden has ice cream with Seth Meyers, says he's hoping for Gaza ceasefire by next Monday
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: February 26, 2024 10:20PM
I look at his "cookies" thing on TikTok and this ice cream thing and I cringe a bit, wondering why he's doing it. It makes him look old and encourages people to question his mental acuity.

My elderly mom (who votes in every election) was complaining not long ago that he was too old. She wondered whether she could vote for him in good conscience.

...And then tonight she just told me how inspiring it is to see him out there joking about cookies and eating ice cream. It makes her remember how he's just a really nice guy and she can't wait to vote for him.

Is this strategy or luck or simply a man's good character shining through? All of the above??

Posted by: gabester
Date: February 26, 2024 11:11PM
Tiangou
Is this strategy or luck or simply a man's good character shining through? All of the above??

It is definitely the strategy - show Biden being Biden.

Show his good character.

It's going to take luck getting enough of the right people to see this content and have it affect them; I bet it takes something like a dozen cookies and ice cream videos to offset one vicious lying liar's meme about how doddering the incumbent is and you shouldn't trust Biden with the nuclear codes because he might lose them.

As opposed to the other "viable" candidate who might actually use them.

g=
Posted by: Mr645
Date: February 27, 2024 05:59AM
Good character, makes him great as a Wal-Mart greeter, not a president.

A cease fire would be great, but no one is speaking to Hamas about it

Biden/Putin 2024
Posted by: Mr645
Date: February 27, 2024 05:59AM
[www.alz.org]

What flavor Joe?

Biden/Putin 2024
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: February 27, 2024 07:40AM
The man still hand washes & waxes the Trans-Am every week!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2024 09:37AM by Lux Interior.
Posted by: Acer
Date: February 27, 2024 08:49AM
Putin rides around shirtless and people laugh, but in the office he is coldly effective.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: February 27, 2024 09:59AM
Lux Interior
The man still hand washes & waxes the Trans-Am every week!

"By the way, I have a Corvette-- a '67 Corvette-- not a Trans-Am,"

From no less than Faux "News" themselves 13 years ago.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: February 27, 2024 10:07AM
DeusxMac

"By the way, I have a Corvette-- a '67 Corvette-- not a Trans-Am,"

Note that he doesn't deny the tats!
Posted by: pdq
Date: February 27, 2024 11:06AM
Honestly, I’m hoping that there are a significant number of “uncommitted” votes in the Michigan primary, so that the WH wakes up and stops rolling over for Netanyahu, who doesn’t give a @#$%& about the US president, if not being actively antagonistic toward him.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: February 27, 2024 12:13PM
I'll second that motion.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: February 27, 2024 12:32PM
There are a couple of purple states with a decent number of Muslim residents. I saw an interview of one guy explaining why he couldn't vote for Genocide Joe, and it sort of made sense if you forgot about the massive increase in hate crimes towards people from $hithole countries/Iran/Palestinians while Tangerine Palpatine was in office...

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: $tevie
Date: February 27, 2024 04:17PM
He had a good discussion with Seth Meyers on the show, followed by the ice cream trip. During the Meyers show, he had his problems talking but people forget that Joe ALWAYS had problems talking. Not just the stammer, but the meandering and the unfinished sentences. None of it is new. All that is new is that the man looks old while he talks. Time comes for us all.

And I defy Trump, or any of his minions, to be able to go on Seth Meyers and have a discussion that is half as intelligent.

Posted by: bfd
Date: February 27, 2024 05:51PM
Mr645
Good character, makes him great as a Wal-Mart greeter, not a president.

A cease fire would be great, but no one is speaking to Hamas about it

B.S.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: February 27, 2024 09:05PM

And I defy Trump, or any of his minions, to be able to go on Seth Meyers and have a discussion that is half as intelligent.

If only intelligence was even in the conversation.

Hurts like a bastid...
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: March 02, 2024 03:01AM
Why is Biden having ice cream when he should be out cheating at golf on a near daily basis?

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 134
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020