advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Muslim Sniper surveils Love Field in Dallas?
Posted by: Jp!
Date: July 17, 2007 06:32AM
Seems like they want attention....

[www.dallasnews.com]
[www.wfaa.com]

Women at Love Field 'acting suspiciously'

Dallas: Police have no evidence Muslims have ties to terrorists

10:12 PM CDT on Thursday, April 5, 2007
By JASON TRAHAN / The Dallas Morning News
jtrahan@dallasnews.com

Dallas police and federal terrorism officials are investigating two women, both dressed in camouflage pants under their traditional Muslim robes and scarves, who were seen conducting what appeared to be surveillance and acting suspiciously at Dallas Love Field.

One of the women, Kimberly "Asma" Al-Homsi, 42, of Arlington, who is on probation for a 2005 Garland road rage incident involving a fake grenade, is said to have long-range assault rifle and explosives training, according to a Dallas police intelligence bulletin issued March 5.

"I'm a trained sniper and proud of it," Ms. Al-Homsi said in an interview Thursday after first refusing to comment on whether she has any terrorism ties. She then said no.

Police officials said they have no direct evidence the women have ties to terrorism.

"I am not a dangerous individual," said Ms. Al-Homsi, who said she is an accountant who has dual Syrian-U.S. citizenship.

On the afternoon of Feb. 25, Ms. Al-Homsi and a friend who could not be reached for comment, Aisha Abdul-Rahman Hamad, 50, of Irving, were spotted at Love Field wearing Muslim robes and camouflage pants and "acting suspiciously," the bulletin states. The surveillance video shows one of the women walking back and forth, apparently pacing off distances.

When confronted, the women told officials they were looking for the Frontiers of Flight museum. They left in a red Honda. Descriptions of the incident and the car were circulated at the airport.

Two days later, the museum executive director was leaving for the evening when he noticed the Honda parked facing the runway. A woman, later identified as Ms. Al-Homsi, was sitting on the hood, looking through binoculars at the airplanes. He told the women the museum was closing, and they left.

Dallas officers stopped the car nearby, but the women refused to let police search their car, , according to a police report. The women had digital camera memory cards, binoculars, a flashlight and several lighters on them.

Police issued one of them a citation for having no front license plate and failing to change her address on a driver's license. They were released.

"We were watching the airplanes," Ms. Al-Homsi said. "That's not a crime, unless you're Muslim."

On Dec. 20, 2005, Ms. Al-Homsi was arrested after a report that she waved a grenade at a motorist on Central Expressway near LBJ Freeway. Richardson police stopped her car and arrested her. The Garland bomb squad determined the grenade was a fake. She was released the next day, after officials charged her with making a bomb hoax. She was placed on probation.

Law enforcement sources acknowledge that activities of both women have garnered substantial attention.

"We are aware of the activities that occurred at Love Field in February and are giving it appropriate consideration," said Lori Bailey, spokeswoman for the Dallas FBI.

Ms. Al-Homsi said that she has been questioned by local authorities "maybe a dozen times."

She said that she practices her rifle skills at the Alpine Shooting Range in Fort Worth. An employee confirmed that she's been going there for years.

"In all the Muslim garb, shooting an assault weapon, it seemed at first like she was trying to draw attention," said Dave Rodgers. "But then she came out so much, it became normal."

He said federal agents have talked to range employees about Ms. Al-Homsi, which is not uncommon of their clientele. He recalls seeing the fake grenade hanging from Ms. Al-Homsi's rearview mirror before she was arrested.

"We get weirder people than her out here," Mr. Rodgers said. "We have people who make up stories. ... She was always pretty quiet, though."
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Muslim Sniper surveils Love Field in Dallas?
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: July 17, 2007 07:55AM
If it weren't for the names, the Syrian citizenship and the lack of alcohol involved, you would think this was typical Texas redneck behavior.
Posted by: herbiesyufy
Date: July 17, 2007 11:34AM
Wacky Muslims.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: July 17, 2007 01:48PM
[www.guardian.co.uk]

Wacky Christians.
Date: July 18, 2007 12:02AM
How do you figure that guy was a wacky christian? It seems more like a muslim thing, to me...shooting people for no reason and all.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 18, 2007 12:23AM
That's right, I forgot Christians only shoot people for a reason. Their Christian God apparently doesn't allow killing without an excuse.

"Who's more foolish - the fool or the fool that follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2007 12:27AM by RgrF.
Date: July 18, 2007 12:39AM
No, you're missing the point.

Christinanity isn't 'defined' by guns and bullets.

Muslim-ianity is.
Date: July 18, 2007 07:22AM
herbiesyufy

Torquemada got the point. And stuck it in a lot of people.

"It was far too inquisitive. It was supposed to be the Spanish Casual Chat"
Date: July 18, 2007 08:30AM
herbiesyufy

Christinanity isn't 'defined' by guns and bullets.

Muslim-ianity is.

Islam is no more "defined by guns and bullets" than Christianity is...or do you forget the Crusades, the Inquisition, the Salem Witch Trials, etc.? I suppose the various militant movements that were backed by Christian ideologies, that ultimately led to the Oklahoma City bombing wasn't backed by guns and bombs?

Even during the each of the 'Curseades' for example, did you know every time the Christian warriors 'liberated' Jerusalem, that they killed most every Muslim woman and child, even though they weren't combatants? This was regardless of each time the Muslims retook the city they only killed the Christian male combatants?
Date: July 18, 2007 09:28AM
We kill you in Jesus' name, for he was a white man - from Oxford!
Date: July 18, 2007 01:30PM
Well, this forum is educational to say the least. Jesus was a white man from Oxford? Sweeeeet! Was he on the rowing team? Did he wear a sweater?

And Carnos brings up a good point. Many hundreds and hundreds of years ago, it's true that Christians and Muslims were pretty good at killing each other in the names of their gods...who were the same god, incidentally.

But TODAY, the Muslims are still bloodthirsty killers, who want nothing more than to stone women and kill infidel babies in towers...then dance and cheer about it in the streets.

Are all of them this way? Of course not. Are a large number of them this way? Of course. To say otherwise is foolish. Muslims throughout the world...including in Europe, where they are fast taking over society... they still wish to kill the unbelievers.

Say the word "terrorist" and what comes to mind? A shy Japanese woman? An Aussie farmer? A barista at Starbucks?

No. Clearly the word "terrorist" brings to mind Muslim killers.

Christians just eat too much and watch a lot of TV. But I don't know any local Christians who cheer whenever a Muslim baby is blown to smithereens.

Note: I'm not Christian, either. I just see a lot of them around.
Date: July 18, 2007 03:17PM
What is a "large number"?

50?

100?

100,000?

1,000,000,000?

Say the word "terrorist" and what comes to mind?

A nice, white, Christian, armed-forces veteran?

He killed lots of babies.
Date: July 18, 2007 03:45PM
herbiesyufy
Are all of them this way? Of course not. Are a large number of them this way? Of course.

I'm not sure what where you're forming your impressions from...would you elaborate?

Every Muslim I know (around a hundred) deplores the acts of the extremists. The mainstream of Muslim society as portrayed in the media are likewise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2007 03:46PM by Carnos Jax.
The Cavuto Mark
Posted by: Seacrest
Date: July 18, 2007 04:06PM
Muslim Sniper surveils Love Field in Dallas?

[www.youtube.com]
Date: July 19, 2007 01:01AM
herbiesyufy

No. Clearly the word "terrorist" brings to mind Muslim killers.

Note: I'm not Christian, either. I just see a lot of them around.

And for decades the term "terrorist" was applied to Northern Ireland Catholics who along with their Ulster opponents regularly bombed innocents. I guess christian on christian, like black on black, crime doesn't count At least it doesn't count as much as black on white or muslim on christian crime.

Go back a bit further and Jews seeking a homeland were labeled "terrorist" when they blew up anything British. The US has had "terrorist scares in the past. Goggle Eugene McCarthy or Sacco and Venzetti.

You appear to have the all the perspective of a recent college grad, one who gets his information more from TV and previously held opinions than any serious understanding of history and the use of propaganda by both sides. If it didn't happen in your lifetime, it doesn't count.

Please feel free to impart any other gems of wisdom you've concluded are true based on your exhaustive historical and statistical research. Bring footnotes next time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2007 01:03AM by RgrF.
Date: July 19, 2007 09:12PM
What's great is that you guys keep proving my point. By digging up one example of a CRAZY guy who killed a lot of people, you show that yes, ONE GUY out of MILLIONS went wacko. And most Americans were pretty upset about it. How many of your neighbors showed up on YouTube, dancing and singing and burning flags to show their support?

Zero. There was NO dancing in the streets to show support for this dude's killings. Not here. anyway. Out in the dersrt somewhere? Probably. Just like they were dancing to celebrate the murder of thousands of innocents in the WTC. Dancing, singing and celebrating the murder of your brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers and babies. Innocent children.

Celebrating their murders. Think about it while you are offering up your support for them.

And nobody in their right mind would think of cute, Irish leprechauns as terrorists. You say the word "Terrorist" and you immediately bring to mind an image of Muhammed Al-Fuchkhead, not Paddy O'Brien. I appreciate the fact that you have to reach so far for lame examples, because again: it just reinforces my point.

Keep digging, though! I'm sure the Muslim terrorists appreciate your support. Good for you!
Date: July 19, 2007 09:43PM
Herb, the problem is that you're just voicing unsubstantiated rhetoric. Bring some substance to the argument. Not sure where you were, but when OKC went down, there was a lot of sympathy for the demographic represented by McVeigh, there was no waving of the flag, shouts of "God Bless America" or similar outpourings of patriotism (and I say that all in a relative manner) as you did during 9/11.
Date: July 19, 2007 11:38PM
How much substantiation do you need? Go read "While Europe Slept" by Bruce Bawer. If you don't like him, go watch CNN, if you are liberal, or Fox News if you are conservative, or Al Jazeera if you are Lux Interior.

Your comparison using OKC is faulty, regardless. When WTC happened, Muslims were cheering. End of story.

When McVeigh went postal, no Christians cheered.
Posted by: kj
Date: July 20, 2007 02:33AM
>>there was a lot of sympathy for the demographic represented by McVeigh

What ARE you talking about? I don't recall anything of the sort, unless I'm completely misunderstanding you. Cheering for McVeigh? Not even. kj.
Date: July 20, 2007 09:42AM
Not cheering...I never said that. I said it was a 'relative difference', as evidenced by no overt shows of patriotism. The difference in response reflects a much lower level of disapproval. Amongst my co-workers (a mostly blue collar crowd), there was a lot of debate about how McVeigh was 'justified' in what he did due to the actions of a 'tyranical government'.
Date: July 20, 2007 09:46AM
Furthermore Herb, the cheering that I'm guessing you're talking about (the one I remember) was shown to be false footage from another incident many years prior. Still, I don't doubt some cheered, and even more were in subdued approval (much like OKC here).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2007 09:47AM by Carnos Jax.
Date: July 20, 2007 07:10PM
Hmmm...if you are known by the company you keep, maybe you shouldn't hang out with people who "justify" McVeigh's actions? For any reason?

I'm just sayin', is all.

And no...the MANY segments of video footage, from all over the Muslim world, clearly showed terrorist supporters dancing and singing in the streets. This was all over the Middle East, as well as Muslim areas of France, Belgium and Denmark, and as far away as Indonesia and the Phillipines.

(Yet, every time one of their 275-passenger-capacity ferry boats tips over, killing thousands, we're the first ones there with aid and money and support. Same with the floods and mudslides and firestorms and locust plagues. America always rushes in to help them first. What are we, like, the high school nerds desperate for acceptance or something? Clearly Allah wants to wipe these people out, but we're always digging 'em out of the mudslides!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2007 07:10PM by herbiesyufy.
Re: Dancing in the Streets
Date: July 20, 2007 07:20PM
YouTube video footage:

[www.youtube.com]

I'm pretty sure that the lyrics below are straight from the Koran:
==================================================
Wow!
Ah yeah!
Calling out around the world,are you ready for a brand new beat.
Summers here and the time is right,for dancing in the streets,
Theyre dancing in chicago ( theyll be dancing )
Down in new oreleans ( dancing in the streets )
Up in new york city ( dancing in the streets )
All we need is music ( sweet sweet ) sweet music (sweet sweet music )
Therell be music everywhere.
Therell be swinging,swaying,records playing,dancing in the streets,oh!
It doesnt matter what hat you wear,just as long as you are there,
So come on
Grab a guy,grab a girl,everywhere around the world.
Therell be dancing,dancing in the streets.
( oh )its just an invitation,across the nation,a chance for folks to meet.
Therell be laughing and singing,music swinging,dancing in the streets
All we need is music ( sweet sweet ) sweet music (sweet sweet music )
Therell be music everywhere.
Therell be swinging,swaying,records playing,dancing in the streets,oh!
It doesnt matter what hat you wear,just as long as you are there,
So come on
Grab a guy,grab a girl,everywhere around the world.
Dancing,dancing in the streets,
Way down in la,everyday,dancing in the streets ( dancing in the streets )
San francisco way, ( dancing in the streets ), they do it everyday now,
( dancing in the streets )
Re: Dancing in the Streets
Date: July 20, 2007 07:29PM
'bert, as I said before your absence (I assume you were institutionalized), if all the muslims were out to get you, you'd be dead.
Date: July 20, 2007 08:10PM
They're not out to get me. They're looking for Christians.

Niener niener!

:-P~

Hey, wait...you were talking about me when I was institutionalized? That's like so MEAN and stuff! Which threads?
Date: July 20, 2007 09:51PM
Oh, I thought you were a 'Merkun.
Date: July 21, 2007 12:11AM
Oh, yeah, of course. But they are really more pissy about Christian Americans than, say, your run-of-the-mill Muslim Americans or even Buddhist Americans.

I hear they're not big fans of those Jewish Americans, though. But then, who is?
Date: July 21, 2007 02:47AM
Sounds like Otto got bored with the constraints of single forum posting and is branching out.

Date: July 21, 2007 01:40PM
Here we go with the Otto comparisons and all of the others. I thought that one of the Forum Bigwigs already came out and admitted that I am, in fact, HerbieSyufy? Lafinfil or someone? Yes? No?

Of course, it doesn't matter, since when someone like RgrF starts with the deflections and diversions, it just goes to show that he cannot refute my position.

If you attack the messenger and not the message, I guess it means that you have no valid RESPONSE to said message, eh, RgrF?

If that IS in fact your real name...
Date: July 21, 2007 09:23PM
A comparison to Otto is hardly a personal attack. Otto is one of the more intelligent, funny and acerbic posters to ever do the pixle dance. You could do worse than be mistaken for him.

PS: I responded to your remarks above, something Otto wouldn't have failed to notice.

Date: July 22, 2007 01:49AM
And your point is?
Date: July 22, 2007 02:44AM
...apparently wasted.

Date: July 22, 2007 09:07AM
I know Otto, I have posted in threads with Otto, and you, sir, are no Otto.
Date: July 22, 2007 12:55PM
But Lux, you clearly ARE Dan Quayle.

Except that he didn't support terrorists, like you do.
Date: July 22, 2007 01:36PM
RgrF
...apparently wasted.

Well, your point seemed at first to be that I was Otto...but then you backpedaled and said no, clearly I was different from Otto. Since those points cancel each other out, it makes you pointless.

The more interesting subtext is that people like you and Lux seem to get a childish glee from supporting Muslim terrorists. My posts are pretty blatantly anti-baby-killer-terrorist. I somehow thought that would be a decently humanitarian position, since ALL babies are cute, but I feel a special tenderness towards innocent babies in my own country who are getting blown up.

Then you guys come in an say no, terrorists are actually cool...and that America deserved it. Then you go for the McVeigh hero worship?

That's just f-ed up, man. I cannot believe that someone would say such things and then choose to live under our country's flag. Iran needs people like you! Why waste your time in a country you hate, full of babies you want mutilated and killed? It makes no sense!
Posted by: voodoopenguin
Date: July 22, 2007 02:25PM
Obviously the posts have been edited as I missed the ones where RgrF and Lux said that they hated your country and wanted babies mutilated and killed. Could someone who saved those posts before they were edited please post them again so I too can be outraged.
Date: July 22, 2007 04:32PM
Et tu, voodoo?

Clearly it follows that if I am anti-Muslim-blowing-up-babies, and people like carnos, Lux and RgrF are anti-Herbie, then they MUST be pro-terrorist.

Didn't you pay attention during your junior-college logic class?

Plus, they keep autographed photos of McVeigh in their flag-burning shrines...
Date: July 22, 2007 07:11PM
Good gosh man, clearly you are not interested in a learning dialogue here, when you make conclusions like you do. Do you seriously think we're 'pro-McVeigh/Mulim-blowing-up-babies/anti-American'? That is the whole problem with the nature of your posts at this forum. You come around making outrageous postulates, only to have them picked apart during a desired 'mutually enlightening' discourse, and then in a childish response degenerate yourself into nothing but name calling. People find it hard to take you seriously when you walk around here spouting gibberish from a 'random statement' machine that crawls most extreme right wing paranoia web sites. LOL...(^_^)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2007 07:13PM by Carnos Jax.
Date: July 22, 2007 07:21PM
Why in Allah's name would you think I was here to be taken seriously?!?

And to claim I come in here and do nothing but "name-calling"? You..you...you BABY KILLER! I am NOT a name caller.

Oh wait.

::sheepish look::

Sorry about that whole "baby killer" outburst. You terrorist-lover.
Posted by: spearmint
Date: July 23, 2007 06:58AM
Why do I think she wants money?

Da Good Life
Date: July 24, 2007 07:57AM
Well, you are like Otto in the "being a @#$%&" category.

You just lack the wit that made Otto tolerable.

And you add the racist crap on top.
Date: July 24, 2007 12:09PM
As I said above...keep on attacking the messenger and not the message, because it continues to reinforce the fact that the original message is valid...and that you have no response other than childish name-calling.

And the "racism" stuff you threw in as an afterthought? Nice one! What have I said above that isn't 100% true? How is it racist? These ad hominem throw-aways do nothing for your stellar reputation in these forums.

Thanks for that witty, tolerable attack! And please keep those cards and letters coming.
Date: July 24, 2007 12:30PM
Yup...went back up and re-read the entire thread. I very thoughtfully presented my case, in a logical and mature fashion, and quickly responded to requests for substantiation with facts and news video footage.

Lux, on the other hand, compares the terrorist behavior to typical American behavior in his first post.

His second post was a throw away Spanish Inqusition non-sequitor.

His third post (and you begin to see a pattern here) professes a wish to kill in Jesus' name, claiming that Jesus was a white man from Oxford. No YouTube video substantiation here; just a baseless claim.

His fourth post seems to imply that one American (McVeigh) equals the many hundreds of thousands of active Muslim terrorists out there. (And it shows that he keeps photos of McVeigh on his computer...sort of odd.)

His fifth post makes a hilarious allusion to my absence from these forums (Institutionalized! How droll!), and then states that if Muslim terrorists existed, I'd already be dead. Huh? Have the terrorists ALREADY killed everyone, and I just didn't notice?

His sixth post predictably contains his overused "Merkun" zinger. So clever. As if bastardizing the word "American" might trivialize someone with that citizenship. Still, it's his tag line, much like Fonzie's "Aaaaaayyyy..." or Homer Simpson's "D'OH!" Can't have a Lux post without Merkuns! (Or should that be merkins?)

By his seventh tired post, he's doing lame political debate rip-offs. The whole Otto/Dan Quayle thing is so boring, really. Especially since Lux is NO Lloyd Bentsen.

And by his eighth post, poor Lux has spent his wad. Name calling like "@#$%&", followed with random accusations and the ever-so-tired "racism" card. Well...time to pick up your marbles and shamble home, Luxie.

Eight posts! Eight posts of nothing! You should really either get a hobby or at least a rudimentary education. A mind is a terrible thing to have, or to not have, or to have wasted by not having one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2007 12:32PM by herbiesyufy.
Date: July 24, 2007 12:54PM
PS: [apnews.excite.com]

I Read the News, Today...Oh, boy!
Iraqi bomber blows up marketplace
And though the bomb was rather small
He pretty much killed them all
A crowd of people stood and stared
They'd seen his face before
Nobody was really sure is he was from the Bab al-Mashhad

He blew his mind out in Hillah
Tremendous explosion with a fireball
And though the news was rather sad
Well I just had to laugh
I'd seen the photograph
A crowd of people burned away
But I just had to look
Having written the book
Now we know how big a bomb must be to blow up a market stall

I'd love to turrrnnnn youuuuu ooonnnn....

With apologies to John Lennon.
Date: July 24, 2007 02:09PM
herbiesyufy
Why in Allah's name would you think I was here to be taken seriously?!?

You're not.

Number nine. Number nine.

With apologies to Yoko Ono.
Date: July 24, 2007 04:42PM
Yes, you're like a bad segment of Sesame Street.

"Number Nine! Nine bad posts! Nine useless wastes of bandwidth! Nine!"

Anything relevant to the thread? Muslim snipers? Lovely fields? Old episodes of "Dallas"? No?

Didn't think so.
Date: July 24, 2007 08:38PM
Well, at least I don't misquote, misrepresent and flat out fabricate things to support my position.

Of course, you do this after you make outlandish claims and insult anyone you can think of and then when you get it thrown back at you, you get all defensive and start crying, "What did I do?"

But we all know your a troll, so no harm.
Date: July 25, 2007 12:31AM
Well he's moving fast from troll to toll.

Date: July 25, 2007 12:49AM
Lux Interior
But we all know your a troll, so no harm.

Fabricate? You are saying I created that news footage? I'm not even IN the news industry.

And no, you do NOT do anything to support your position, because you never seem to HAVE a position, other than calling people "Murkins".

And what exactly does "your a troll" mean?
Date: July 25, 2007 08:09AM
I would suspect it means the same thing as you're a troll. I'm sorry that my grammatical faux pas caused you pain and suffering. Alas, I had to let my proofreader go after yesterday's market downturn. It was either her or the sommelier. Priorities.

I am proud to be a 'Murkin. I 'spose yer a turrist! And I ain't talkin' 'bout no vacationers, neither!

You ain't no 'Murkin. Yore a merkin.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 151
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020