advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Reckon Cheney was drinking?
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: February 14, 2006 07:30PM
I think there is .0001% chance he wasn't. You take a bunch of arrogant, rich, old, southern white men out blasting at birds raised in a pen, they had to be drinking. That's the only good reason for the delays and for Cheney not talking to law enforcement until the next day.

If the guy dies, will the press stir up enough controversy for anyone to do anything to Cheney, legally?

Of course, his excuse will be: he can't drink because of the heart medication he takes.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Reckon Cheney was drinking?
Posted by: Refurbvirgin
Date: February 14, 2006 07:40PM
His 10 hunting partners must have thought he was safe to hunt with, and you don't hit 71 pheasants, even tame ones, when they're on the wing if you're drunk. As much as I revile the man for his lies that took us to war I think it likely the lawyer was bending over in tall grass, picking up a bird he'd shot and Cheney, high on thrill-killing, fired at a bird as the victim stood up. The Humane Society should have the power to cite him for wanton destruction of helpless birds, but I can't see that any human laws apply. It was an unfortunate accident, unlike the deaths of tens of thousands of others for which Cheney is responsible.
Posted by: Effin Haole
Date: February 14, 2006 09:17PM
Reckon he even has a hunting license?
Date: February 14, 2006 09:26PM
He had a non-resident license, but not the upland bird stamp required as of five months ago. He sent in his $7 as soon as he was warned. The Supreme Court licensed him to kill people, and Congress stamped its approval.
Date: February 14, 2006 09:28PM
Very seriously doubt he was drunk or even imbibed at that hour of the day.

He is arrogant and a scumbag, but one thing he isn't is stupid.
Posted by: billb
Date: February 14, 2006 09:43PM
How long until they make shooting lawyers an Olympic Event ?
Rome 2010 ?
Date: February 14, 2006 10:01PM
Cheney's Companion at Fault in Shooting, White House Says
[www.commondreams.org]

"Several hunting experts were skeptical of McClellan's explanation. They said Cheney might have violated a cardinal rule of hunting: Know your surroundings before you pull the trigger.

"Particularly identify the game that you are shooting and particularly identify your surroundings, that it's safe to shoot," said Mark Birkhauser, the incoming president of the International Hunter Education Association, a group of fish and wildlife agencies. "Every second, you're adjusting your personal information that it is a safe area to shoot or it's not a safe area to shoot.""

Date: February 14, 2006 11:00PM
We haven't had the NRA weigh in yet, now that will be choice.
Date: February 14, 2006 11:21PM
The lawyer probably didn't understand the real reason he was invited along.

Posted by: Go To Top
Date: February 15, 2006 10:12AM
Pamela Willieford is Dick's girlfriend. She was hunting just to Dick's right. Blonde Pam baby was Amb. to Switzerland and Leichtenstein. Lynne is soooo pissed.

A man who is of "sound mind" is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key.
(Paul Valery)
Date: February 15, 2006 11:16AM
Willeford is a partner and president of Pico Drilling Co., Ltd. of Breckenridge, TX. Their mutual interest in oil is more likely the attraction. With Dick's fragile ticker I doubt he's engaging in any extramural sex, or any at home for that matter. Maybe pheasants are the only birds he gets to shoot these days.

With male-pattern baldness his testosterone levels are still probably high, explaining his angry outbursts, such as telling Sen. Leahy to "fsck yourself" in public. Not being able to have sex because it might kill you could lead him to suppress his sex drive and seek release in shotgun blasts as a substitute for orgasm. Pam has a bachelor's in English and Spanish - her main qualifications to be our ambassador to Switzerland being her long friendship with Bush.

I think it will be awhile before Dick goes hunting again. This will require a substitute activity to provide libidinal release. Attacking Iran will probably do.
Posted by: Guitarman
Date: February 15, 2006 02:06PM
I sense there was some sort of triangle action here. Pam was making eyes at the 78 yo victim, whom although quite old is still probably a lot more desireable than ol' dick. Dick was kind of drunk, had taken the 36 hr cialus and had a raging soft on for more than 4 hours. He was pissed, and drunk, and took a shot at the old fella.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2006 02:07PM by Guitarman.
Posted by: Seacrest
Date: February 15, 2006 04:00PM
Dennis S Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think there is .0001% chance he wasn't. You take
> a bunch of arrogant, rich, old, southern white men
>

Dick Cheney is from Wyomimg, which is only south of Montana.
and Canada.

Date: February 15, 2006 04:55PM
Honorary "Suthener" perhaps?

<G>
Date: February 15, 2006 05:01PM
Lack of desire to take a breathalyzer could explain the 24 hr lag in reporting, but not likely with all the heart meds. Cheney is just a vicious, cruel human being who likes killing... birds, brown-skinned people, what-have-you. He got caught up in the bloodlust and the glory of downing more birds than his companions... blam, blam, blam, oops.
Date: February 15, 2006 05:18PM
"Watch Big Dick, Pam, and he'll show you how it's done." Big kids, playing with guns, showing off for the girls - proud of how big their barrel is, and frustrated sexually... the outcome was probably predictable, which is why Cheney's security detail wasn't standing anywhere near them at the time.
Posted by: Go To Top
Date: February 15, 2006 08:32PM
[www.huffingtonpost.com]

Pam, Katherine, and Booze.

Shot pattern at 90 feet is huge. Shot at about 15 feet I bet. Right thru heavy clothes to organs.

A man who is of "sound mind" is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key.
(Paul Valery)
Date: February 15, 2006 08:39PM
If not W, take Scalia next time, OK Dick? That is if you can get anybody to hunt with you after this.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: February 15, 2006 10:40PM

> Dick Cheney is from Wyomimg, which is only south
> of Montana.
> and Canada.

He was a Texas resident when he first ran for VP (for tax reasons, I'm sure).
Posted by: kj
Date: February 16, 2006 01:13AM
I read that he had one beer with lunch. Usually when people mention "one beer", it means a few beers. "I swear officer, I just had one drink with dinner". That said, he's a human, and he probably screwed up. kj.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: February 16, 2006 04:41AM
Recon it doesn't matter since the sheriff didn't get to the shooting for longer than it takes to read a Stephen King novel.

"Who's more foolish - the fool or the fool that follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 113
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020