advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Tillman's mom accuses Bush of using Pat to promote war
Posted by: Refurbvirgin
Date: March 09, 2006 02:19PM
"The administration used Pat. They tried to attach themselves to his virtue and then they wiped their feet with him."

[www.truthdig.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2006 08:07PM by Refurbvirgin.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Tillman's mom accuses Bush of using Pat to promote war
Posted by: Effin Haole
Date: March 10, 2006 11:01AM
It is is sad that in this day and age, our government has to constantly put some sort of spin on every single bit of information or news.

They just can't come out and say "Hey, we screwed up, we realize that now and we are taking measures to stop this from happening again. Please forgive us."

Not that anything would really change, but at least be upfront about your actions and give the appearance of concern for our citizens.

Eventually the truth does come out, abeit sometimes so far down the road that those responsible never have to face the consequences for their actions. But the constant denial and refusal to ever come clean and take responsibilty by the government does nothing but further the corrosion of public trust in elected officials or the offices they supposedly represent.

I am appalled that this is the best job our elected officials can manage to pull off.

I am also disgusted wth the way the media has allowed it's cojones to not only be cut off, but also the way they stand there dumbfounded and say thank you, may we have another.
Date: March 10, 2006 12:49PM
Tillman was reportedly outraged by Bush's attack on Iraq ("This war is so @#$%^&* illegal!") and was an avid Chomsky reader, so he may have had "discussions" with officers who relayed his discontent to superiors who decided his only further value to the cause was as a martyr, and that if he returned home and spoke openly likewise he could harm the war. The word about his "disloyalty" got passed up the line and the word came back down that it would be better if he didn't come home.

Why else would they go through such a coverup?
Date: March 10, 2006 02:05PM
While I seriously doubt they would go to the trouble to "silence" him, covering up/glossing over how a soldier of notoriety died is what the military does best.

Especially when it doesn't fit with the administrations focus/intent.

I haven't heard that he was outraged by the attack on Iraq. Any links?
Date: March 10, 2006 02:24PM
""Tillman had very unembedded feelings about the Iraq War. His close friend Army Spec. Russell Baer remembered, "I can see it like a movie screen. We were outside of [an Iraqi city] watching as bombs were dropping on the town.... We were talking. And Pat said, 'You know, this war is so f***ing illegal.' And we all said, 'Yeah.' That's who he was. He totally was against Bush." With these revelations, Pat Tillman the PR icon joins WMD and Al Qaeda connections on the heap of lies used to sell the Iraq War."
[www.thenation.com]
Date: March 10, 2006 06:06PM
Thanks!
Date: March 10, 2006 07:22PM
His refusal to become the Pentagram's poster boy for recruiting probably made him some powerful enemies. I think it's entirely possible they sent him into a situation whereby he would become useful to them again, if only postmortem. They knew of his opposition to their war and it would have been very inconvenient for him to return, meet with Chomsky and become a spokesman for the anti-war movement.
Date: March 11, 2006 06:53PM
I am sure they had plans to use him in any and all PR given his notoriety. But as much as I loathe this administration, I have a had time believing they would try to silence him by any means.

I am sure they weren't happy when he didn't go along with their pep rally plans, and may have even given him tougher orders/deployment. But I think that's as far as it goes.

The administration is capable of it and has probably done it, that I believe to be true, I just don't think he was important enough to do something so sinister to.
Date: March 11, 2006 10:01PM
So you don't believe your government would sacrifice its own citizens for propaganda purposes? Ever hear of the Northwoods Project?
[www.google.com]

Pat was a media darling, and would have been lionized by the celebrity-fawning press when he returned, giving he and his mentor Chomsky a highly visible platform to criticise the war, unlike everyday vets that return and speak out.

Bush fears the testimony of blooded vets, having never served in a combat zone himself. They have more credibility than he does with the public, and Tilman moreso than virtually any other Iraq war vet, due to his celebrity. I can't prove they offed him, but their desire to swing this to their advantage is obvious, and they had no compunctions about lying about his death and covering up the facts, so, by the same token, you have no proof they're telling the truth now, and not just falling back on Plan B, in case they were caught. They lied him (and thousands of other dead kids) into war. They lied about how he died. What else are they lying about?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2006 10:10PM by Refurbvirgin.
Date: March 12, 2006 04:31PM
I refer you to the last sentence in my last post above.

"The administration is capable of it and has probably done it, that I believe to be true, I just don't think he was important enough to do something so sinister to. "
Date: March 12, 2006 04:49PM
Effin Haole Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I refer you to the last sentence in my last post
> above.

And obviously we disagree over how important he was, both as an asset and as a liability to the warmongers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 174
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020