advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Soldier Quits Army in Disgust at 'Illegal' American Tactics in Iraq
Posted by: Refurbvirgin
Date: March 12, 2006 03:15PM
"He said he had witnessed "dozens of illegal acts" by US troops, claiming they viewed all Iraqis as "untermenschen" - the Nazi term for races regarded as sub-human.
The decision marks the first time an SAS soldier has refused to go into combat and quit the Army on moral grounds.
It immediately brought to an end Mr Griffin's exemplary, eight-year career in which he also served with the Parachute Regiment, taking part in operations in Northern Ireland, Macedonia and Afghanistan."
[www.truthout.org]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Soldier Quits Army in Disgust at 'Illegal' American Tactics in Iraq
Date: March 12, 2006 03:48PM
US Army in jeopardy in Iraq says former Colorado Senator Gary Hart:

An Iraqi civil war could cost the United States its army.
[informationclearinghouse.info]
Posted by: Gyrene
Date: March 12, 2006 08:51PM
Perhaps you should have written "German Soldier Quits Army in Disgust. But then it's not what you write, but what you don't write. That seems to be your forte.
Date: March 12, 2006 09:01PM
Gyrene Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Perhaps you should have written "German Soldier
> Quits Army in Disgust.

Why would I write that about a British soldier's actions?

But then it's not what you
> write, but what you don't write.

Gee, now you're judging me for things I don't write, after hallucinating that the article I linked to was about a German soldier? Is your pharmacy closed on Sundays?

That seems to be
> your forte.

What? Causing your delusions? Seek help. If you're really a Marine you've got excellent medical benefits and, until Bush cuts them, great VA hospitals with mental wards that will welcome you.

Date: March 12, 2006 09:17PM
Gyrene, I'm not anti-military. I believe our country needs a strong military. There are bad people in the world and bad people with the capability to do us harm. Saddam just wasn't one of the latter. I respect those that want to defend our freedoms and homeland. Unfortunately the U.S. military hasn't been used for that purpose since WW2. Bush is in the process of destroying our military for some very dubious goals of world domination. And in the process creating far more enemies than he's destroying.
[www.opednews.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2006 09:21PM by Refurbvirgin.
Posted by: Gyrene
Date: March 14, 2006 10:50PM
My impression of the article was that the soldier was a German soldier. It seemed to me that your inference was that it was a US soldier. Was that the gist of your original comment? My statement, "But then it's not what you write, but what you don't write." was made after reading many of your blogs. You leave out bits and pieces that are important to the topic and without them there really is no controversy. It does stir the juices and perhaps that is what you have in mind.
Date: March 14, 2006 11:44PM
SAS is the acronym for Special Air Service, the British "special forces." I would have thought a Marine would know that. If you read the article you'd have realized that. German special forces are called Kommando Spezialkraefte, or KSK. How you got "German" or even American out of that article is unfathomable, just as why so many US troops think they're fighting in Iraq to avenge what Saddam did on 9/11. Iraq had NO connection to 9/11, and even your precious cowboy fuhrer admits that.

I had 13 kids from my high school killed in Vietnam for Johnson & Nixon lies. I swore I'd never let my government lie us into war again, and stand back silently to watch, as my parents generation did. If you're really a Marine, then you took an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Bush is taking our freedoms away and jarheads like you support him. If I can stir the juices in that jar then maybe I've served some purpose.

Ever read "Addicted to War" by Frank Dorrell?
[www.addictedtowar.com]
It's a good primer for anyone still brainwashed by 12 years of mandatory propagandizing and standing up to salute a piece of cloth every morning. That's a form of idolatry. God doesn't see lines on the earth dividing his children from each other. It's time to wake up and take off the blinders.
Here's a couple good free newsletters if you're tired of being lied to by the plutocracy's media:
[www.legitgov.org]
[www.informationclearinghouse.info]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2006 11:46PM by Refurbvirgin.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 99
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020