advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Australian PM comes clean about the war - Bush next?
Posted by: Refurbvirgin
Date: March 13, 2006 02:26PM
John Howard apologizes.

"... On the face of it, the Geneva Conventions and core articles of the UN Declaration on Human Rights have been ignored. During the siege of Falluja, many Iraqi women and children were caught in the line of fire and some civilians were shot as they tried to swim across the Tigris. It has even been reported that weapons of dubious legality were used in Falluja, such as cluster bombs, napalm, incendiary white-phosphorus and thermobaric, or "fuel-air" explosives, which can have the effect of a tactical nuclear weapon without residual radiation... There is tremendous pressure from the US for our troops to remain in Iraq, and of course mutual loyalty is a vital component of the alliance. But the longer the Coalition of the Willing remains, the more we are detested, and the more blood is shed. The country is already tearing itself apart, so I am asking you, could our departure really make it any worse?"
[www.opednews.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Australian PM comes clean about the war - Bush next?
Posted by: Spole
Date: March 13, 2006 04:40PM
Election time?
I don't believe it.
We have Howard's mea culpa, then there is Blair telling the world that he heard voices/god, to justify the war and here in the USA Bush is admitting that he had not been versed in current events in Iraq in the past few weeks before he made his annual, "it's my party believe me I have a plan" speech today.
The level of idiocy, incompetence, hubris and just plain stupidity is beyond criminal, there may not even be a word for it.
I really miss Nixon.
Date: March 13, 2006 10:28PM
Spole Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Election time?

Do you really think he'll last that long? The big boys are waking up to the nightmare he's cost them and the rats are climbing over the top of each other to jump ship.

I just hope the sheeple don't go back to grazing after the fall election is stolen.

> The level of idiocy, incompetence, hubris and just
> plain stupidity is beyond criminal, there may not
> even be a word for it.

I guess "compassionate conservatism" got kinda lost somewhere.

> I really miss Nixon.

History will look back fondly on Genghis Khan. May you live in interesting times.

Posted by: Effin Haole
Date: March 13, 2006 11:20PM
Sheeple never stray far from the green grass.
Date: March 13, 2006 11:41PM
"Never appeal to a man's better nature. He may not have one. Better to appeal to his self-interest." (anon)

It is, unfortunately, going to take a severe downturn in the economy for people to get angry enough to do something about the mass-murdering, bribery swilling, plutocracy serving influence peddlers we call representatives and senators, and they're the only ones that can do anything about Bush. I'm a feared we're in for a repeat of 1930's Germany. I guess too many have forgotten that we hung Germans for preemptive war, calling it the supreme crime, even worse than the death camps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 125
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020