advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Why Bush will bomb Iran
Posted by: Refurbvirgin
Date: March 16, 2006 02:20AM
"The war, if it comes, will not be fought because Iran is trying to create a euro-denominated spot and futures market for oil. Nor will it come because Iran is allegedly pursuing nuclear weapons, though that will be the excuse given at forums in New York, in salons across Europe, and at angry, hectoring press conferences here in Mordor-on-the-Potomac. No, the real reason the United States will wage war on Iran is because the Bush Jong Il régime will decide the only way to save face and withdraw from Iraq with some "dignity" in fact is to bomb Iran.

And the Democrats, worthless "opposition" that they are, have made Iran the centerpiece of a ridiculous strategy of being to the "right" of Republicans on matters of national security (sic), of becoming more hawkish than thou in order to never be on the "wrong" side of another American war ever again."
[www.lewrockwell.com]

The land of the free and home of the brave has become the land of the willfully spied upon and imprisoned without charge, and the home of the cowardly bullies, willing to kill hundreds of thousands of innocent people because another cowardly bully tells them they are in danger, without providing any proof whatsoever. Shame.

Once America was that shining city on the hill, and now it is Dr. Evil's castle, shrouded with sinister clouds whose path's gutters overflow with rivers of blood. Shame.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Why Bush will bomb Iran
Posted by: MacMagus
Date: March 16, 2006 09:08AM
You've posted this theory at least twice before.

Can't you come up with something new?
Date: March 16, 2006 09:31AM
MacMagus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You've posted this theory at least twice before.

Scott Ritter told us last Spring that Bush had signed off on a directive to bomb Iran in June of '05. Evidently his source was wrong. Yet I still think it was worth posting. This is yet another writer warning us of a possible scenario leading to the deaths of tens or hundreds of thousands of innocent people, and I happen to think that prospect is worth debate. You apparently do not. I'm not forcing you to respond, or even read these posts.

> Can't you come up with something new?

If you're not interested in discussing this, post another topic. I happen to think the Bushis are still on script to seize control of the world's oil to maintain American economic control, and so when I find a different (to me) perspective on how that will happen I post it.

Posted by: MacMagus
Date: March 16, 2006 09:36AM
> to maintain American economic control...

I'm surprised. I assumed that any alleged conspiracy would be to maintain international economic control by the Bushies and their wealthy friends.

So you think this whole thing is patriotic? They just want the U.S. to be in control?
Date: March 16, 2006 09:57AM
MacMagus Wrote:
> > to maintain American economic control...
>
> I'm surprised. I assumed that any alleged
> conspiracy would be to maintain international
> economic control by the Bushies and their wealthy
> friends.
>
> So you think this whole thing is patriotic? They
> just want the U.S. to be in control?

My bad. I mispoke. I often use "American" and "Bushi" interchangeably when the latter often do not have American interests at heart, being internationalists since at least W's grandfather's trading with Nazi Germany, even after the war started. Cheney has been trading with Iran, even though we've long designated them a terrorist state. These guys have only one allegiance and that is to Mammon.
Posted by: h'
Date: March 20, 2006 07:20AM
So, what do you get out of hanging around a mac site and trying to engage people in debate who don't share your depth of knowledge? That sounds as much like being a "cowardly bully" to me as anything else.
Date: March 20, 2006 07:59AM
h' Wrote:
> So, what do you get out of hanging around a mac
> site and trying to engage people in debate who
> don't share your depth of knowledge? That sounds
> as much like being a "cowardly bully" to me as
> anything else.

What part of "Friendly Political Ranting" didn't you understand? Go true your wheels.

Posted by: Robert M
Date: March 20, 2006 09:56AM
Refrub,

How does does bombing Iran allow the US to withdraw from Iraq with "dignity"? This question isn't answered at all in your post.

Robert

> "The war, if it comes, will not be fought because Iran
> is trying to create a euro-denominated spot and futures
> market for oil. Nor will it come because Iran is
> allegedly pursuing nuclear weapons, though that will be
> the excuse given at forums in New York, in salons across
> Europe, and at angry, hectoring press conferences here
> in Mordor-on-the-Potomac. No, the real reason the
> United States will wage war on Iran is because the Bush
> Jong Il régime will decide the only way to save face and
> withdraw from Iraq with some "dignity" in fact is to
> bomb Iran.

Date: March 20, 2006 05:54PM
Robert M Wrote:
> Refrub,
>
> How does does bombing Iran allow the US to
> withdraw from Iraq with "dignity"? This question
> isn't answered at all in your post.

We don't intend to withdraw. Whoever told you that must have sold you a bridge somewhere, too. That's why we've built all those permanent bases there. Our bases in Saudi Arabia were an embarassing difficulty for that regime, so we needed those Iraqi airfields to project power into the region. Our aim was never to liberate those countries, but to conquer them and incorporate them into our empire. We have over 750 bases around the world. Iraq's are just the latest acquisitions and the only reason we might leave is when the oil runs out, if then. From those bases we can threaten the entire region into compliance with our corporations greed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 169
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020