advertisement
Forums

 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
15-Year-Old Kid Killed for Walking across Lawn
Posted by: Furiously Stylish
Date: March 20, 2006 11:46PM
Wow. The accused (and self-admitted on recorded 911 call) killer claims that he went through five years of abuse from the kid and his parents.

Quote

Police: Man Killed Teen Neighbor for Walking on Lawn

Monday, March 20, 2006

BATAVIA, Ohio — A man who neighbors say was devoted to his meticulously kept lawn was charged with murder in the shooting of a 15-year-old boy who apparently walked across his yard.

Charles Martin called 911 on Sunday afternoon, saying calmly: "I just killed a kid."

Police, who released the call's contents, said Martin also told the dispatcher: "I've been harassed by him and his parents for five years. Today just blew it up."

Larry Mugrage, whose family lived next door, was shot in the chest with a shotgun. The high school freshman was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Martin, 66, allegedly told police he had several times had problems with neighbors walking on his lawn. He remained jailed without bond Monday. His jailers said no attorney was listed for him.

Neighbors said Martin lived alone quietly, often sitting in front of his one-story home with its neat lawn, well-trimmed shrubbery and flag pole with U.S. and Navy flags flying.

Joanne Ritchie, 46, said Mugrage was known as "a good kid," but she always also considered Martin to be friendly.

more complete article: [www.ohio.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 15-Year-Old Kid Killed for Walking across Lawn
Posted by: Refurbvirgin
Date: March 21, 2006 12:24AM
I suppose Mr. Martin never did the math to determine whether it would take him longer to get out of prison or to build a fence. Perhaps the kid had smart-mouthed him in the past. Guess he'll never do that again.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 15-Year-Old Kid Killed for Walking across Lawn
Posted by: raz
Date: March 21, 2006 08:24AM
According to his attorneys, he meant to hit a quail.



--------------

Embarassing myself on the Internet since 1978.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 15-Year-Old Kid Killed for Walking across Lawn
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: March 21, 2006 11:16AM
"Abuse " ? Puhleze. We had a guy like this on the street I grew up on. Crazy bastard, was out there loving on his lawn day and night. If we even came near it, he was out jelling and waving his rake.

Unfortunately, with the 'code of kid-dom' that kind of behaviour demanded retaliation. So his house got egged every Halloween. If we had been thinking, we would have sprayed nasty slogans in his yard using weed killer.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 15-Year-Old Kid Killed for Walking across Lawn
Posted by: Seacrest
Date: March 21, 2006 11:44AM
raz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> According to his attorneys, he meant to hit a
> quail.
>

According to the quail, he should have aimed for the attorney(s).
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 15-Year-Old Kid Killed for Walking across Lawn
Posted by: Greg the dogsitter
Date: March 21, 2006 02:38PM
cbelt3 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Abuse " ? Puhleze. We had a guy like this on the
> street I grew up on. Crazy bastard, was out there
> loving on his lawn day and night. If we even came
> near it, he was out jelling and waving his rake.
>
> Unfortunately, with the 'code of kid-dom' that
> kind of behaviour demanded retaliation.

Please tell me you've gotten over that.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 15-Year-Old Kid Killed for Walking across Lawn
Posted by: Furiously Stylish
Date: March 21, 2006 02:43PM
Greg the dogsitter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> cbelt3 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "Abuse " ? Puhleze. We had a guy like this on
> the
> > street I grew up on. Crazy bastard, was out
> there
> > loving on his lawn day and night. If we even
> came
> > near it, he was out jelling and waving his
> rake.
> >
> > Unfortunately, with the 'code of kid-dom'
> that
> > kind of behaviour demanded retaliation.
>
> Please tell me you've gotten over that.

He may have … ;)

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 15-Year-Old Kid Killed for Walking across Lawn
Posted by: raz
Date: March 21, 2006 02:45PM
Seacrest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> raz Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > According to his attorneys, he meant to hit a quail.
>
> According to the quail, he should have aimed for
> the attorney(s).

good point! quails require a $7 permit. lawyers are free.



--------------

Embarassing myself on the Internet since 1978.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 15-Year-Old Kid Killed for Walking across Lawn
Posted by: Greg the dogsitter
Date: March 21, 2006 04:08PM
Guitarman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Furiously Stylish Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Greg the dogsitter Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > cbelt3 Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > "Abuse " ? Puhleze. We had a guy
> like
> > this on
> > > the
> > > > street I grew up on. Crazy bastard,
> was
> > out
> > > there
> > > > loving on his lawn day and night.
> If we
> > even
> > > came
> > > > near it, he was out jelling and
> waving
> > his
> > > rake.
> > > >
> > > > Unfortunately, with the 'code of
> > kid-dom'
> > > that
> > > > kind of behaviour demanded
> retaliation.
> >
> > >
> > > Please tell me you've gotten over that.
> >
> > He may have …
> >
> >
> nutcase styles continues his delusions of being
> the sane one laughing at all the other nuts.
>
>
>
You guys will never learn to quote properly, will you?

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 15-Year-Old Kid Killed for Walking across Lawn
Posted by: Seacrest
Date: March 21, 2006 04:26PM
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 15-Year-Old Kid Killed for Walking across Lawn
Posted by: Greg the dogsitter
Date: March 21, 2006 05:00PM
Yup! :-)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 15-Year-Old Kid Killed for Walking across Lawn
Posted by: Effin Haole
Date: March 21, 2006 06:50PM
With all the steps in your quotes, I'd say you are already there.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 15-Year-Old Kid Killed for Walking across Lawn
Posted by: Refurbvirgin
Date: March 21, 2006 06:55PM
Kudos for high art. I've saved that as my new desktop pic.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 15-Year-Old Kid Killed for Walking across Lawn
Posted by: HeyDude
Date: March 22, 2006 11:45PM
The kid probably made a habit of aggrevating the old man. Rebellious teens take on the world, and have no fear of crazy old folks.

I imagine property values will go down as murder gossip, and ghost-teen sightings become prevalent.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 147
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020