advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Let me apologize for all of Georgia for Congressional Idiot Cynthia McKinney
Posted by: decocritter
Date: April 03, 2006 04:59PM
I am so sorry.

I am sorry that she is so arrogant to those that don't "recognize" her without her ID.

She is a joke. She turns everthing into a racial issue when she herself pulls the race card at every chance. Her daddy did this too.

I am sorry for the goons that speak on her behalf, helping her turn things into racial issues.

She basically steals taxpayer money for luxury vacations. I am sorry she used taxpayer money to pay for Celebrity (Issaac Hayes) Hotel and Airline fees for a speaking event. This is clearly not legal.

I am sorry for the people who vote for her without seeing who she really is and what she is about.

I am sorry for her ever changing crazy hairstyles ....None of them work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2006 05:12PM by decocritter.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Let me apologize for all of Georgia for Congressional Idiot Cynthia McKinney
Posted by: brofoski
Date: April 03, 2006 07:03PM
Let he who is without elected idiots cast the first stone.
Re: Let me apologize for all of Georgia for Congressional Idiot Cynthia McKinney
Posted by: Refurbvirgin
Date: April 03, 2006 09:58PM
I'll trade you Norm Dicks.
Date: April 03, 2006 10:04PM
She said" It was Innappropriate Touching of Her a black Woman."

She is so sick.
Posted by: Gutenberg
Date: April 03, 2006 10:40PM
She is tiresome, isn't she?
Posted by: Guitarman
Date: April 03, 2006 10:44PM
she hates israel and jews so loki likes her.

Date: April 03, 2006 11:11PM
July 9, 2004

We all knew that Cynthia McKinney would be drawing on Arab and Muslim supporters in her bid to return to Congress, but a listing of contributors (with information up through June 28) reveals to what an extraordinary extent this is the case, as shown by the names of her backers.

Of particular note is the who's who of radical organizations her donors are associated with:

Hani Y. Awadallah – president, Arab American Civic Organization, New Jersey.

Jesse Aweida – co-founder, American Task Force on Palestine.

Belal Dalati – a vice president of Arab-American Broadcasting Co. (Orange County Register, February 19, 2002) associated with the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

Hasan Elkhatib –member, board of directors, American Islamic Educational Foundation (MetroWest Jewish News, October 10, 1996)

Yaser Elmenshawy - chairman, Islamic Council of New Jersey.

Rafeeq Jaber – president, Islamic Association for Palestine, a Hamas offshoot.

Oussama Jammal – president, Bridgeview Mosque.

Samer Khalaf – chairman, American-Arab Anti Discrimination Committee's Political Outreach Committee in New Jersey.

Faroque Khan – president, Islamic Center of Long Island, also connected to the American Muslim Alliance and Islamic Society of North America.

Mahmoud A Nimer - member, board of directors, Islamic Academy of Florida, Tampa (an Islamic school established by Sami al-Arian; al-Arian's indictment indicates the school was used as a base of support for the Palestinian Islamic Jihad).

Ayman Osman - member, board of directors, Islamic Academy of Florida, Tampa; employer of Hatem Fariz, arrested on terrorism charges and charged with being a member of Palestinian Islamic Jihad.

Talat Othman - former chairman of the Islamic Free Market Institute; secretary/treasurer of the American Task Force on Palestine.

Khalid Qazi – former president, American Muslim Council of western New York State.

Hareth Raddawi - member, board of directors, American-Arab Anti Discrimination Committee, Chicago.

Allam Reheem - former member, board of directors, Islamic Academy of Florida, Tampa.

Talal Sunbulli – former chairman, Council of Islamic Organizations of Greater Chicago.

James Zogby – president, Arab American Institute.

In addition, the American-Arab Anti Discrimination Committee gave $1,000.

Such an outpouring of extremist support comes as no shock; as Erick Stakelbeck documents in today's New York Post, "McKinney has long associated with militant Islamic groups whose members have openly supported terrorism," plus "she has taken to the floor of the House to defend them."

Comment: Georgia holds its primary on July 20; should McKinney win it, as seems likely, radical Arab and Muslim causes will have achieved their first significant electoral victory in the United States. (July 9, 2004)

July 21, 2004 update: "This victory means that her constituents missed her. She is a great lady, and I am delighted she won [the primary]." So gloated Abed Hammoud, president of the Dearborn, Mich.-based Arab-American Political Action Committee, as quoted in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Aug. 23, 2004 update: I admit to being a bit behind the news on this, but two years ago, on Aug. 1, 2002 "Indepundit" posted a listing with $13,850 in campaign contributions to McKinney given on 9/11 itself – yes, that date – as listed at OpenSecrets.org (unfortunately, the link to individual contributions there no longer works, only to the summaries; for a complete listing of McKinney's 2001 donors, see the posting a FreeRepublic.com). I have helpfully starred all those who have since August 2002 found themselves in trouble with the law:

Waseem Ahmed, a physician from Las Vegas, donated $250.

* Abdurahman Alamoudi, the Director of the American Muslim Foundation, donated $2,000.

Abdulwahab Alkebsi, Executive Director of the Islamic Institute, donated $700.

* Abdelhaleem Ashqar, a Howard University professor, donated $250.

Nihad Awad, Director of the Council on American Islamic Relations, donated $500.

Khaliq Baig of Las Vegas donated $500.

Yaser Bushnaq, a computer consultant from Falls Church, VA, donated $500.

Bashir Chowdhry of Las Vegas donated $500.

Shaheen Chowdhry of Las Vegas donated $250.

Atif Fareed, a Southwest Airlines pilot from Henderson, NV, donated $1,000.

Donna Genena of Las Vegas donated $500.

Osama Haikal, a physician from Henderson, NV, donated $500.

Faisal Hasan, a lobbyist for CarFax, donated $600.

Hassan Ibrahim of Centreville, MD, donated $1,000.

Ray Irani, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer of Occidental Petroleum, donated $1,000.

Sabah Jabri of San Diego donated $250.

* Yaqub Mirza, President of Mar Jac Investments, donated $500.

Ahmed Monib of Las Vegas donated $250.

Mohamed Omeish, Vice President of the American Muslim Foundation, donated $500.

Sayed Qazi, a Las Vegas physician, donated $1,000.

Yousef Saleh of Springfield, VA, donated $300.

* Ahmad Totonji of Herndon, VA, donated $1,000.

Looking over this same 2002 financial data, Thomas B. Edsall of the Washington Post concluded that "At least three-quarters of the $234,299 that McKinney has raised from individuals this year is from donors with Muslim or Arab American surnames, the great majority of whom live outside her district." And Niraj Warikoo reports in the Detroit Free Press that McKinney "is strongly backed by Arab and Muslim groups for her outspoken support of Palestinian rights. During a private dinner of shish kebab in West Bloomfield[, Michigan] this month, Muslim donors gave more than $20,000 to her campaign."

This outpouring of support may have had to do with the enthusiastic backing McKinney won from Islamist organizations. For example, the political action committee belonging to the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) sent out an e-mail message in July 2002 titled "CAIR-PAC Urges Support for Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney." It includes the following unrestrained text:

Dear Friends:

Take a real step now towards POLITICAL EMPOWERMENT of the American Muslim community.

Write your check to "McKinney for Congress". In the memo line, please write "Friends of CAIR-PAC" …

Background:

Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney (D-4th, Georgia), who is arguably the strongest supporter of issues of concern to the American Muslim community, urgently needs our help to win re-election. She has consistently and unflinchingly supported a balanced US foreign policy in the Middle East and has opposed lopsided bills that harm the interests of America, Israel and the Muslim world. She is a strong defender of civil liberties of all Americans and is known throughout the world as the voice of the voiceless - the champion of human rights. She has condemned racial profiling of any and all Americans and has consistently spoken out against the Secret Evidence Act and other legislative measures which seek to discriminate against certain racial minorities in this country. She is also the first and only African-American woman ever elected to Congress from the state of Georgia. …

Take REAL ACTION now to help Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney win re-election.

WE MUST STAND BY THOSE WHO STAND BY US!

Now is the time to step forward and MAKE A DIFFERENCE by donating to Congresswoman McKinney's campaign. She needs this help TODAY to defeat an opponent who will staunchly oppose a balanced and fair US foreign policy in the Middle East.

Act now and save a friend and supporter of our community and its issues. A win for McKinney is not only a win for the Muslim community but it is also a vital victory for those in Israel and the greater world community who also want peace and justice in the Middle East. Her victory will also give strength to those other members of Congress who also want to vote their conscience on issues relating to the Middle East.
Date: April 04, 2006 12:31AM
and thus goes the democratic party.

Date: April 04, 2006 02:23AM
Oh for cryin' out loud, Deco' -
No wonder you didn't provide a link. That's propaganda from Daniel Pipes blog.
[www.danielpipes.org]

Daniel Pipes was behind the publication of the provocative cartoons in the Danish newspaper. He's violently opposed to trading land for peace and opposed Sharon, and now Olmert, even though Olmert is on record threatening to assassinate the democratically elected leader of Palestine.
[www.wsws.org]

Pipes is a hatemonger slathering fear and loathing to provoke a U.S. war with Islam in order to benefit Israel. His primary loyalty is to Israel not the United States.
[www.motherjones.com]

Did you know the Dean of Harvard's John F. Kennedy school of gov't was demoted because the Israel lobby objected to his treatise explaining how the Israel lobby controls our government? That's how powerful they are.
[www.itszone.co.uk]

Date: April 04, 2006 05:07AM
Loki, now it's time to stop paraphrasing the protocols of the elders of zion. It's not a jewish world conspiracy. Jews are only 2 percent of this country, they don't control anything at the top level.

Posted by: mick e
Date: April 04, 2006 07:54AM
You should be thankful that she isn't Jim Senselessbrenner.

Unpaid Social Liaison
Date: April 04, 2006 08:17AM
Pipes described as "one of the leading anti-Muslim hate propagandists."
[www.leftturn.org]

"... Pipes displays "a disturbing hostility to contemporary Muslims ... he professes respect for Muslims but is frequently contemptuous of them". It said his book "is marred by exaggerations, inconsistencies, and evidence of hostility to the subject"..."
[en.wikipedia.org]

"Daniel Pipes is a neo-conservative, orientalist, extreme right-wing Zionist, and often expresses islamophobic statements. He is director of the Middle East Forum, and a columnist for right-wing newspapers... In 2004 Pipes was temporarily appointed by George W. Bush to the board of the U.S. Institute of Peace, but as of January 17, 2005, Bush had "failed to take any action to renominate…". The "nomination of Pipes, who has made a career out of identifying and denouncing what he sees as radical Muslim penetration of American institutions, was opposed by senators Edward Kennedy, Tom Harkin and Christopher Dodd, all Democrats....":
[www.sourcewatch.org]

So, what do you think of the Democrats now, G'man?
Date: April 04, 2006 09:33AM
that's only one person. developing another party will take more than the remainder of my lifetime. Unfortunately for now the dems are the only alternative. Or you can just leave.

you also seem to be skipping over the fact that you're blaming eveything on the so called israeli lobby here.

Date: April 04, 2006 11:19AM
Guitarman Wrote:
> Unfortunately for now the dems are the only
> alternative.

That's what they want you to believe. Through Instant Runoff Voting or proportional representation we can break the stranglehold the two wings of the War Party have on our nation. Any Democrat you would consider voting for MUST pledge their support for ending illegal wars as a condition. If they won't do that then any other promises of national health care (Clinton merely postured toward it, rather than seriously going on the road imploring people to pressure their representatives), increasing aid to education, or the other traditional Democratic programs - are only appeals to those whose self-interest supersedes their conscience.

> you also seem to be skipping over the fact that
> you're blaming eveything on the so called israeli
> lobby here.

Want more, eh? Here you go:

Harvard Takes On the Israel Lobby
"As Walt and Mearsheimer noted, only their conclusion -- that the Israel Lobby's unprecedented success has shifted U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East away from a narrow focus on America's national interests -- is controversial, and then only by a matter of degree. The data from which they drew that conclusion came largely from Israeli academics and journalists and, as the authors point out, "are not in serious dispute among scholars."
What was interesting about the paper was its authorship and the reaction it elicited from Israel's many U.S. supporters. Those supporters inadvertently proved Walt and Mearsheimer correct on at least one point: the Israel Lobby doesn't tolerate debate about the relationship between the United States and its favorite client state, and it's quick to accuse dissenters of having the vilest of intent."
[www.alternet.org]

The paper in question (pdf)
[ksgnotes1.harvard.edu]

To be fair this administration appears to consist of dispensationalist evangelicals who salivate over Armageddon because it will bring Jesus back, Likkudite Zionists (who laugh up their sleeves at the stupid Christians, even as the latter look forward to Israel's destruction), and Jacobin neocons whose ideology trumps reality for them. They are all rooting for world war. A pox on them all.
[www.lewrockwell.com]

Date: April 04, 2006 02:48PM
as i said, even if all else were the same right now, there'd be no iraq war under gore and that's good enough for me.

Date: April 04, 2006 04:41PM
Clinton and Gore killed more Iraqis than W. Their Sec'y o' State said killing half a million kids was "worth it." They were just the "good cops" softening up the target. The elites have been planning on reoccupying Iraq (after the British were driven out before) since at least '91. Why do you think you see Clinton and Bush 1 fishing together and glad handing? They're part of the same club, and you and I will never be their concern.
Posted by: mick e
Date: April 04, 2006 05:02PM
Hey Loki - How do you find enough time to type on your keyboard? Doesn't swatting at all those imaginary flies take up most of your dexteritous (not a word) activity?

Unpaid Social Liaison
Date: April 04, 2006 05:07PM
Hey - everytime she is in hot water she has a group of these nuts around her, including this week.

- those are indeed her supporters, along with poor ignorant folks who believe her racial propaganda.
Date: April 04, 2006 07:17PM
mick e Wrote:
> Doesn't swatting at all those
> imaginary flies take up most of your dexteritous
> (not a word) activity?

G'man is imaginary? I always suspected no place as bad as I'd heard New Jersey is could exist.

I know I shouldn't make fun of those living in Hell on earth. At least he doesn't live in... MILWAUKEE!!!!

I type 65 wpm, so this is just play. I don't watch TV or have much social life except on weekends, so you are blessed with my free time.
-------

Deco' - Did you read McKinney's explanation & apology
[www.house.gov]

Greg Palast on motives for attacks on McKinney:
[www.gregpalast.com]

With all the attacks on her I'm not surprised she gets edgy, but I think she's an important voice in Congress, and she brings issues to the floor that others are too scared to broach.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2006 07:18PM by Refurbvirgin.
Date: April 04, 2006 07:45PM
I have been to one of her Town Hall Meetings - I see and hear her big mouth on local TV all of the time,

I know exactly what she is really all about while pretending to be something else.
Date: April 04, 2006 09:25PM
Post your opinions and personal experiences. Backing them up with the unattributed words of known hate-mongers like Daniel Pipes without giving him "credit" for that screed misrepresented those words as your own. Your words have a lot more credibility than his do. I'm sorry you're unhappy with your representative and hope you can effect the change you evidently desire. I hope whatever substitute you find will be as tireless in confronting the real evildoers in Washington. Most Democrats are in collusion rather than opposition.
Date: April 04, 2006 11:33PM
HOw about known hate mongers like cynthia mckinney? you just love her cause she hates jews. You want to know why the dems can't win? look at the cynthia mckinneys.

Date: April 04, 2006 11:59PM
Can you substantiate your claim with any valid quotes? How does she hate Jews?
Date: April 05, 2006 12:22AM
take a look at her buddies. give me a break. i'm not a maniac like you running around the web looking for hundred paragraph quotes. you know it and i know it. stop lying.

Date: April 05, 2006 12:38AM
To which "buddies" are you referring? You wrote that she hates Jews. Providing evidence of that claim is not too much to ask.
Posted by: HeyDude
Date: April 05, 2006 01:26AM
how many jews are listed as her contributors?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2006 01:26AM by HeyDude.
Date: April 05, 2006 01:32AM
How many Muslims are listed on Gore's Vice Presidential nominee's donor list? What's your point?
Posted by: HeyDude
Date: April 05, 2006 08:33AM
you made it for us
Date: April 05, 2006 09:12AM
HeyDude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you made it for us

What? That McKinney attempts to bring some balance to the Israel vs. Palestine debate? U.S. taxpayers subsidize Israel with over $5 billion per year, and, before we cut off aid due to the triumph of democracy, we gave Palestine less than half a billion. The bias is clear.
We invaded and occupied Iraq ostensibly because they refused to obey UN resolutions, yet for 35 years Israel has flaunted UN resolutions, with our veto assistance, more than any other nation. Israel attacked the USS Liberty, killing US sailors, yet no one has ever been brought to account for that crime. Why?

Date: April 05, 2006 10:44AM
take your hatred for jews and shove it.

Date: April 05, 2006 02:31PM
I don't hate Jews, G'man. I destroyed a sandwich board recruiting for a local neo-Nazi group in suburban N. Seattle alongside Hwy.99. I don't like it when Israelis behave like Nazis, either. I see adherence to international law as the only true path to peace, for without justice there will be no peace. Just as Bush demanded Iraq obey UN resolutions so should Israel.
[www.google.com]
Date: April 05, 2006 05:11PM
That's a red herring and you know it. NO WHERE IN THE UN CHARTER DOES IT STATE THAT a country, in the course of defending itself, must then give up the land that it won in a defensive war. You show me where it says anything about that?

Date: April 05, 2006 06:45PM
UN Resolutions Against Israel, 1955-1992
{scroll down to those vetoed by the U.S.)
[www.progressiveaustin.org]

The U.S. demanded Iraq obey UN resolutions, but vetoed 29 against Israel. Where is the even-handedness of an "honest broker" in this dispute?

Resolution 242 "calls for the "withdrawal of Israeli armed forces from territories occupied in the recent conflict."
[en.wikipedia.org]

The construction of the wall within the occupied territories constitutes a blatant land grab, according to the International Court of Justice. Israel is violating international law in its treatment of Palestinians.
[web.amnesty.org]

Date: April 05, 2006 07:10PM
"The U.S. has never supported the international consensus for Israeli-Palestinian peace, requiring the withdrawal of Israeli forces from the occupied territories and an independent Palestine alongside a secure Israel.
The current Palestinian uprising is a direct result of the failure of the U.S. to support such a peace settlement based on international law and UN Security Council resolutions.
Washington’s policies, including large-scale military and economic aid in support of the Israeli occupation, have compromised the credibility of the U.S. as an effective mediator."
[www.irc-online.org]

Human Rights Watch notes the disparity in casualties heavily favoring the Israelis.
"Many civilians were among the over seven hundred Palestinians and over two hundred Israelis who, by November 2001, had been killed in the violence that followed the eruption of clashes between Israelis and Palestinians in September 2000. In addition, some 16,000 Palestinians and some 1,700 Israelis were injured in the violence."
[hrw.org]
Date: April 06, 2006 03:20PM
"In an interview on CNN Wednesday night, McKinney’s lawyer confirmed that representatives of the Capitol Police actually met with the Congresswoman in the wake of the “assault” incident to apologize to the Congresswoman. That sure doesn’t sound like the action of a police department that believes one of its own was the victim of an assault – but rather, it seems to me, indicates they were concerned the police officer acted inappropriately.
McKinney’s attorney, James Myart, also raised an interesting point during the broadcast. If a crime truly was committed by McKinney, he asked, then why wasn’t she arrested on the spot? When’s the last time you heard of someone “assaulting” a cop and being allowed to walk away?
It doesn’t add up.
Then, an even more revealing moment occurred on the broadcast when the chief of the Capitol Police, Terrance Gainer, admitted on camera that the Capitol police officer struck first by grabbing McKinney as she was attempting to enter the Capitol office building. That’s an amazing concession, because it is evidence that the police officer initiated the “assault” on McKinney, a U.S. Congresswoman, who arguably was caught off guard and might well have reacted instinctively, in self defense, seeking to put distance between herself and a perceived attacker."
[narcosphere.narconews.com]

I suspect this is a way to get back at an ardent critic of the Bushis.
Date: April 06, 2006 10:09PM
I owe you an apology, apparently, deco'. McKinney apologized under pressure from party hierarchy, but the whole incident could have been avoided had she simply worn her pin. To assume one is recognizable to others when she changes her hairstyle is not reasonable. Rather than striking him she could have calmly produced her identification.

McKinney is one of the few Dems gutsy enough to stand up to this criminal administration, but she lost a lot of credibility by fighting an officer whose job it is to prevent potentially armed individuals from entering Congress and doing members such as her harm.

That's too bad, because this administration needs opposition.
Date: April 06, 2006 11:43PM
She is all over the news here. Word is the "Black Caucas" met with her last night. They supposedly told her to get rid of this problem. Now. They have had enough of her. Too.

McKinney could really have been something if she would have left her racial garbage out of the scenario. She has alienated a lot of people in her own district by these narrow minded antics. She makes us feel that we don't have any rights because we are not black. She should know better. She is educated enough to leave this stuff behind and do her job. She should represent All people in her district without racial bias.

As for her constant accusations that she is "racially profiled", I have to laugh. She is only "profiled" by herself. She is so quick to pull that card, that no one else has time to think of it, much less do it.

I wrote her a long letter. I am sure it mattered.

By the way - she was given one of her first jobs by a Jewish Shoe Salesmen. I guess he wasn't keeping her, "a black woman", down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2006 12:08AM by decocritter.
Posted by: Pops
Date: April 10, 2006 06:06AM
Let me apologize for all of Georgia for Congressional Idiot Cynthia McKinney

I'll raise you one Hillary.
Posted by: Pops
Date: April 10, 2006 06:07AM
No, double that.

I'll throw in a Schumer as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 122
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020