advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Re: Allen Funt wouldn't have approved
Posted by: Guitarman
Date: April 07, 2006 12:53PM
I now have new admiration for the lady as well.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Posted by: mick e
Date: April 07, 2006 02:47PM
YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!

Unpaid Social Liaison
Posted by: Pops
Date: April 07, 2006 03:39PM
Wow. Go away for a day and it seems a tornado has struck.

1. I do not feel that I have been threatened or am in harm's way! Tempers flare, things are posted - and I had a choice not to post what I did as much as anyone else. I'm not taking or assigning blame.

2. It's really time to let things lie. To anyone and everyone who feels deeply hurt by any of my posts, I offer my apology. I don't mind poking and getting poked- that's inherant in the give and take of a forum like this - but I really do not intend to be deeply hurtful.

I would be most pleased if we could now close this thread, please.

Pops
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: April 07, 2006 03:52PM
Furiously Stylish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I'm attempting to reintroduce a bit of shame to this cesspool in the hopes that I might derive a bit more humane treatment from someone with whom I've had almost nothing to do directly.

By now it is clear from experience that these forums become cesspools only after Styles' arrival, and self-cleanse upon his departure, forced or otherwise.

It is what it is.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: April 07, 2006 04:14PM
Furiously Stylish Wrote:
Given the fear and trepidation with which our culture infuses the whole subject of guns, it's a highly subjective topic for discussion, and as such I hardly receive anything approaching objective consideration from anyone here, save Paul F. (also an aficionado, and openly), incognegro (who has bravely survived more than one encounter), and a few firearms enthusiasts here who have quietly made their presence and interests known unto me.

Bullsh!t. Don't try to transmute peoples' dislike for you into an issue about guns; it's not about guns. Otto, Keef, and myself are all on record as supporters of the Second Amendment. We don't like you because you are an ass, a liar, a bully, and a hypocrite, for starters. If there is a concern, it is that yours may not be the most stable of psychologies and that the thought of guns in the hands of such a person is troublesome. Evidence of this is the fact that Paul F., despite being as openly outspoken about guns in the forum as you are, is not subjected to the type of treatment you regularly inspire.

It is what it is.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2006 04:47PM by N-OS X-tasy!.
A few things worth mentioning
Posted by: Keef
Date: April 07, 2006 05:17PM
Pops Wrote:
> 1. I do not feel that I have been threatened or
> am in harm's way! Tempers flare, things are
> posted - and I had a choice not to post what I did
> as much as anyone else. I'm not taking or
> assigning blame.

1: It was not the floorplan to YOUR apartment that was posted, Pops – the threat against that person, who Styles has stalked and threatened before, was as clear as day.

2: Please notice how Styles goes back and edits his posts, as many as THREE times. He posts his worst threats, then goes back to edit them out after people have reacted. Then he acts like people are paranoid and says "what threats??? Show me where I made threats!" Old news for anyone familiar with his M.O., I'm afraid. Thankfully, all of his threats are archived by people when he posts them, so he can't lie his way out.

3: Thirdly, and IMO, most importantly: Furiously Stylish Wrote: I want to be left alone. In no less than THREE posts I have said to Styles that I am willing to DROP the whole thing if he agrees to the same. THREE times, he's come back to each thread and ignored my offer. Does anybody really believe he wants it to stop when he repeatedly ignores offers of a truce?

ONCE AGAIN: DO YOU WANT A TRUCE OR NOT, STYLES? OR DO YOU ONLY SAY THAT SO YOU CAN CONTINUE TO ACT LIKE A VICTIM?

Judging by your complete inability to answer a simple question, my money's on the latter.

~

Re: A few things worth mentioning
Posted by: Guitarman
Date: April 07, 2006 05:50PM
These were all bonafide threats. I have them logged and stored. If this nut ever says so much as boo to me again, they go to the authorities.

Posted by: bfd
Date: April 07, 2006 07:29PM
Posted by: rgG
Date: April 07, 2006 07:56PM

Please.
Posted by: Seacrest
Date: April 07, 2006 10:04PM
Last post!!!

I am not Ryan Seacrest, and I do not approve this message.
Posted by: rgG
Date: April 07, 2006 10:13PM
Damn you, Seacrest.
Posted by: bernadette
Date: April 07, 2006 11:13PM
Elvis has left the building.

Lady Derwent Muckwater.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Online Users

Guests: 110
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020