advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
"I'm the decider, and I decide what's best.......And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the secretary of defense."
Posted by: hal
Date: April 19, 2006 01:18AM
"I'm the decider, and I decide what's best," Mr. Bush said in the Rose Garden. "And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the secretary of defense."

Well... when you put like that, how could I disagree...

[www.nytimes.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2006 02:22AM by hal.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "I'm the decider, and I decide what's best.......And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the secretary of defense."
Posted by: SteveJobs
Date: April 19, 2006 05:29AM
I like Rumsfeld. And if .1% of generals are whining, it's probably a good thing. If they were all happy, I'd be worried.

Re: "I'm the decider, and I decide what's best.......And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the secretary of defense."
Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 19, 2006 05:48AM
So the idea of using nukes doesn't bother you, huh?
Date: April 19, 2006 06:23AM
No.

While I don't want a nuke to go off next to ME, my Dad felt the massive pressure wave from the first one dropped on Japan, I would not want a small caliber round to penetrate my body either. But I don't live in fear of them. Just re-watched Beyond Trinity this weekend. I think the world has been holding their collective breath for the next nuke detonation. Depending upon the circumstances, it might be a sigh of relief. Of course one going off in urban areas would cause massive loss of life. But in desolate areas it might not even get noticed. One large bomb left a crater about a mile wide. But a mile in the desert could be rather small. And, that large of a detonation would not be used in today's more tactical nuke arsenal - or even the ground-penetrating nukes (blus)

Posted by: mick e
Date: April 19, 2006 06:45AM
Here's a translation for those english speaking LarryChatters out there.

"I am the decision maker, and I will decide what is best."

Unpaid Social Liaison
Date: April 19, 2006 06:57AM
BTW Rowdy; What has Rummy done that is so wonderful? Please list them here in case mick e has missed something.

Ditching the Powell Doctine
Failing to properly equip the troops
Stop Loss
Abu Garaib
Allowing the Taliban to regroup and re-form in Afghanistan
Holing up operations in a "green zone" which is essentially circled wagons
HAVING NO STRATEGY TO SECURE PEACE.
and on and on and on...

Unpaid Social Liaison
Posted by: JoeM
Date: April 19, 2006 08:50AM
The Commander in Chief is just as incompetent as Rummy, what did you expect?

JoeM
Posted by: $tevie
Date: April 19, 2006 10:33AM
"I'm the decider, and I decide what's best..."

Bush said this right after he got done reminding reporters "You're not the boss of me".

Date: April 19, 2006 11:26AM
Sounds like pretty good deciding he done did do, then.

Posted by: davester
Date: April 19, 2006 12:14PM
That sounds like perfectly OK language to use....if you live in a dictatorship.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Date: April 19, 2006 01:40PM
Word of the day: decider
[dictionary.reference.com]

Unpaid Social Liaison
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: April 19, 2006 03:48PM
Steve,

I don't believe that it's just a few generals that are in disagreement with this administration, rather, the opposite (Google is your friend here). The higher you go up in the military brass, the more you know of the nature of the civilian command. Even more have to keep their feelings to themselves, otherwise risk jeopardizing their careers. At the higher levels (think Colonel/Captain and above), the more the 'political' things get.
Posted by: Guitarman
Date: April 19, 2006 04:23PM
it's the new strategery.

Posted by: Kiva
Date: April 20, 2006 01:46AM
Bush says he "doesn't pay attention to the polls." Translation: "i don't give a @#$%& about the people."

Amazing that anybody follows this idiot..

kiva

----------------------
Date: April 20, 2006 04:23AM
Polls and results are slanted by the media. Simple enough.

Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 20, 2006 04:41AM
Wars, deficits and corruption are not media events. Dispite the fact you see or hear about them through some media, they are events set in motion by governments; not media events.

Christ knows there are enough events that are creations of media, but these are not among them, well except for Fox who specializes in made for media wars and such.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: April 20, 2006 07:57AM
Come on. If Bush were to replace Rummy, he might (might) accidentally replace him witha competent SecDef. This replacement would fix the mistakes and show what a F-up rummy was (is) and what a mistake it was not firing him two years ago.

They don't want that.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: April 20, 2006 08:00AM
OMG. What was I thinking? No human could fix this admin's mistakes!

I need my coffee!

*slaps forehead*
Date: April 20, 2006 10:05AM
How do you slant 70%?

Unpaid Social Liaison
Posted by: hal
Date: April 20, 2006 11:31AM
of course, no one had a problem when the liberal media was reporting 90% + ratings....
Posted by: Kiva
Date: April 20, 2006 06:35PM
"the liberal media" hahah...the media has one bias: sensationalism...

kiva

----------------------
Date: April 21, 2006 12:48PM
not JUST that bias.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 172
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020