advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Let's Play "Nothing to Hide"!
Posted by: BCam
Date: May 12, 2006 01:02PM
OK - let's take President Bush and his Administration at their word that monitoring phone calls is perfectly legal and that there is no damage done to American citizens by having their phone calls logged, in the name of National Security, to look for "patterns".

Remember: The NSA isn't listening in - so there's no chance that national security secrets or information might be revealed.

Effective immediately, release to the public all logged phone calls in the last five years of one American Citizen: Geroge W. Bush. This would include records of his office, personal and cell phone(s) and would include the records for his extended family's phones as well, along with their friends and known business associates.

EXAMPLE: The range would include all the phone records of the lowly gardening staff at the White House to the personal and business calls of George H.W. Bush, Jeb Bush, the twins, new Press Secretary Tony Snow (and since he comes from Fox News - every executive and employee of Fox News Corp. ( like Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Brit Hume and their families, business associates and friends), the good folks who work at 20th Century Fox TV and Film divisions, and of course all their employees, families and associates( for better or worse this now includes the phone records of Simon Cowell, William Hung, and every person who ever called in to vote on their favortie performer). Additionally any and all CIA, NSA, Joint Chiefs, FBI, DEA, FEMA etc employees, families, friends and associates shall be included.

As the Office of the Vice President of the United States is an Administrative position, and we assume that the VP and President have called one another, all phone records associtaed with Dick Chenney his families, staffs, friends and business and political assoicates (and gun shot victim) shall be included. This would most likely include the phone records of the CEOs, and thus all the employees, families, friends and associates of KBR, Haliburton, Enron, ExxonMobile, Shell, BP, Lockheed Martin, The Boeing Company, General Electric etc. To be thorough, we'd better include all the employees, families and associates of companies that do sub-contracting business with those listed above.

Since any Administration works closely with Congress and the Judicial Branch, every Congressman, Senator, Supreme Court Justice, Federal court Judge, Prosecutor, Invesitgator and their staffs, their families and associates shall likewise be included.

It would seem logical that any Administration also works with 50 Governors and State Legislatures, so we'd better throw in the phone records of all those people, their staffs, familes and associates as well, including elected County officials and Local elected office holders, their staffers, families and associates.

It would seem necessary to add people like Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson, et al to the list due to their involvement with politics and politicians over the last five years.

Now, it's time to play "Nothing to Hide"!

I think you see how this game works. It's the NSA's version of the Kevin Bacon game (I can get from Kevin Bacon to Lee Marvin in one Jump).

Play at Home! Take a moment and think about your life, your family, your friends your associates and see if your phone records would show up on a database of phone records originally targeted at one person: Geroge W. Bush!

Here's mine. I design and build sets for TV and Films in Hollywood. I worked on a reality television series created by David E. Kelley called "The Law Firm". It was financed and produced through NBC-TV, which is owned by General Electric, which holds huge defense contracts, so they report to the Pentagon, which is run by the Secretary of Defense, who reports directly to the Presdient of the United States - George W. Bush.

I'm on the list!

See if you get on the List too! It's fun, it's American, and poses no violation of your Privacy (because the NSA isn't listening in to your conversations, it's just recording when, how long, where and to whom you talk).

If it's so benign and legal, the President should have no problem with releasing his phone records. He is The Decider after all. He decides what's good for America. This would be good for America, because the President would finally lead by example, "I have nothing to hide!" and I know I would sleep a lot better.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Let's Play "Nothing to Hide"!
Posted by: SteveJobs
Date: May 12, 2006 01:08PM
I for a moment don't believe they are not listening. And hope they are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2006 01:08PM by SteveJobs.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: May 12, 2006 01:14PM
SteveJobs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I for a moment don't believe they are not
> listening. And hope they are.

Do you hope they bust down your door, manhandle your family, do a "cavity search" of your wife/daughter/girl-boyfriend and then send you a bill for their services?

All in the name of National Security(TM), of course.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 12, 2006 01:23PM
It appears that some Americans don't mind how many times their "cavity" is "searched", as long as it is W doing the reaming - er, searching.
Posted by: mick e
Date: May 12, 2006 01:30PM
What if Osama Bin Laden's second cousin's brother-in-law dials your number by mistake Rowdy? Will you like it then?

Will you like it when you are put on showtrial just like Moussoui? You will need to hope that there might be one juror that feels charitable enough to spare your life.

Unpaid Social Liaison
Posted by: Seacrest
Date: May 12, 2006 01:51PM
If anyone is calling William Hung AND Simon Cowell, then the American people ought to know WHY.

Do your thing, Dawg.

I am not Ryan Seacrest, and I do not approve this message.
Posted by: incognegro
Date: May 12, 2006 02:36PM
I really want to see all of GWB's service records, the allegedly "lost" ones.
Posted by: SteveJobs
Date: May 12, 2006 02:37PM
you think I DON'T convene with terrorists? My record is blemished. ;)

Posted by: MacMagus
Date: May 12, 2006 02:53PM
Hmmmm... I worked for a Viacom corporation, which employs Ryan Seacrest, who has been on Larry King Live, which show has also featured George W. Bush!!

OMG!! The NSA can link me to George Bush! Will I be called during the impeachment trial?
Date: May 12, 2006 03:04PM
I work for Fox, not Viacom.

Posted by: MacMagus
Date: May 12, 2006 03:52PM
Seacrest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I work for Fox, not Viacom.

That's just American Idol. Viacom has had interests in some of his other shows, including that thing on E! (or at least they had a cross-promotion deal with E! because we were inundated with cr@ap from E! with his picture on it a couple of years ago).

I suppose it would have been easier if I had just used Carson Daly, but they just re-ran a segment from Larry King a few days ago, so Seacrest came to mind first. smiling smiley
Date: May 12, 2006 03:59PM
LOL, you pay WAY too much attention to 'my' career.

Date: May 12, 2006 04:00PM

[marilyncarolyn.blogspot.com]

Glendale, CA--Local city college student Benjamin Roberts had the shock of his life Thursday when he retrieved a voice mail message sent from the President of the United States himself. "George Bush called to congratulate me on passing my chemistry exam, and also expressed his condolences regarding my grandmother who passed away last November," said Roberts. "In fact, he seemed to be up on all the current events in my life, including my girlfriend's recent pregnancy scare, and the fact that I was late on the payment for the Camry (again)."

Roberts can only attribute the "frightening" amount of actual knowledge possessed by the president to the fact that the NSA has been compiling a database of millions of civilian phone calls in their heavily-fortified Cheyenne Springs, WY data center. "Although I feel that my privacy has been personally violated and that we are losing freedoms granted to us by the Constitution at an alarming rate, I do appreciate the president recommending the film United 93, which I had mentioned that I wanted to see in a recent phone call to my mom."

In addition, Roberts mentioned that the president suggested that he should "take it easy" over the summer, and not sign up for the econ elective that he was considering. "I was kind of on the fence about that," stated Roberts, "but I think I am going to take the president's advice on this matter and save up the money instead for those 23" rims I have had my eye on lately for the Camry. George says that those are The Crunk!"

Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 12, 2006 04:45PM
I guess I'm screwed. I worked for a while with a bunch of people who most probably are working with terrorists right now.

Hmm- that would explain the new wires in the house and the black helicopters hovering overhead... (click)
Posted by: billb
Date: May 12, 2006 09:11PM
Will limiting the call record analysis to drivers of huge SUVs appease you ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 173
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020