advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Aaaaargghh!!! Strike 2 on the free iPod!
Posted by: davester
Date: June 07, 2006 08:57PM
As noted in an earlier post, we just received my daughter's macbook a day after the free ipod offer came out. Although the rebate form clearly states that we can't get the rebate based on the May 27 order date, I called the local apple store on a hunch. "Sure!" they said, "Come on down and we'll do a buyback and then resell you the macbook and you get your free iBook".

So, I dragged the computer (still in sealed box) down there today only for them to tell me that they can't do it because her macbook has 1 gb memory, a build-to-order option, which they don't sell there. "Call apple" they said. Is this worth pursuing further do ya think, or should I just give up?

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Aaaaargghh!!! Strike 2 on the free iPod!
Posted by: New.Dad
Date: June 07, 2006 09:04PM
"still sealed din box"... sure call Apple, you got NOTHING to lose.
Posted by: iaJim
Date: June 07, 2006 09:09PM
Give them a call, what New.Dad said. I'd just level with them and see if they want to go through you returning it. You won't, of course, but they might blink. Try it.
Posted by: rgG
Date: June 07, 2006 10:11PM
You might also want to stress what a good customer you have been all these years and how many of their products you have purchased. I think they might allow it for the sake of customer relations. It is worth a call. Just my humble opinion.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: M>B>
Date: June 07, 2006 11:02PM
Also,

If no one signed for the delivery and they just "dropped it off", call the shipper and refuse delivery and have them come pick it up and return it???

Good Luck!!!
Posted by: zachdog
Date: June 08, 2006 12:26PM
DEFINITELY call Apple. They should be able to fix this for you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 96
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020